Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas Severe Wheel Wobble

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 05:51 PM
rjackowens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Severe Wheel Wobble

Just bought a used Traxxas Rustler with Novak Velociti 5.5r motor on eBay. Bought a 2 cell LiPo at my local hobby store and came home to test it out. First thing after I installed the battery, I noticed something was slipping. The left wheel was going straight and fast, but the right side was wobbly and if you even put slight pressure on it would slip. I checked the washers, and there is differnt ones on each side. I have switched the wheels and the same thing happened. I have no idea what may be causing this issue. I am really sorry if this issue has already addressed, I looked on the fourms for help but couldn't get a straightfoward answer by someone who knows what they are talking about.

I took a video to show you the wobble:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxa3Q...ature=youtu.be

My guess is it is the wheel or the washer.... I am not sure though. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Severe Wheel Wobble

Wheel wobble could be from a bent axle.  A bad tumble can cause this.  As for the slipping......   I'm not that familiar with the Rusty, but I assume you tightened the wheel nut.  Does the Rusty use hexes or pins to drive the wheels?  I think they use hexes, yeah?  The hexes could be slipping on the axle.  How does the wheel feel when you turn it by hand compared to the other side?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:31 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either the bearings are worn out or the wheel is stripped.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:08 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might be posted twice in two different sections. I had that issue with mine before. I cut back on how much attention I needed and figured the problem out in no time!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thread only please. See the other in General Discussion.