Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Team Associated SC10 Race-Spec vs HPI Blitz Flux

Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 PM
DCLINE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated SC10 Race-Spec vs HPI Blitz Flux

Moved away from the Slash. What are your opinions on the Team Associated SC10 Race-Spec vs HPI Blitz Flux? AND where is the best prices to be found on these trucks?

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Team Associated SC10 Race-Spec vs HPI Blitz Flux

hard call can't say I've ever heard anything bad about either
for a while I was looking for a used blitz, but kinda had to change my mind due to financial issues [:@]
Old 05-10-2013, 04:53 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

do you intend to race or bash?
if you intend to race, see what the guys at the track are running. is it a stock class, or open class? Is the track large or small?
On a smaller track, a brushed sc can be just as fast as a brushless...as it will be easier to drive and you will crash less (slower is faster rule)
Old 05-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Zonked
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like both trucks but prefer the Blitz simply because it uses metric tooling. Either way both trucks are fantastic with the Blitz being slightly easier to drive imo.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no track experience with either, though the logical money is on the Associated being better round a track out of the box. The Blitz has earned itself a reputation for legendary durability, which I doubt the Associated could match. So, if I was track running, I'd consider the AE car or maybe the Blitz ESE Pro (note that this car actually needs the rear bumper set from the RTR, the ESE one is weak). If I was bashing only, I'd get the Blitz RTR and upgrade to pro parts as I broke em. I'm no HPI fan, my disdain for the way they've been doing business lately is well known around here, but like Syco, I too always have half an eye open for a good deal on a Blitz. A lot of people around here have them and I've been impressed with them consistently, particularly on the durability front, they really are hard to break.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 PM
DCLINE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered the Team Associated SC10 Race-Spec Lucas Oil !!!! Tower Hobbies $299.99 and coupon code for $20 off - $279.99!!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:48 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I have no track experience with either, though the logical money is on the Associated being better round a track out of the box. The Blitz has earned itself a reputation for legendary durability, which I doubt the Associated could match. So, if I was track running, I'd consider the AE car or maybe the Blitz ESE Pro (note that this car actually needs the rear bumper set from the RTR, the ESE one is weak). If I was bashing only, I'd get the Blitz RTR and upgrade to pro parts as I broke em. I'm no HPI fan, my disdain for the way they've been doing business lately is well known around here, but like Syco, I too always have half an eye open for a good deal on a Blitz. A lot of people around here have them and I've been impressed with them consistently, particularly on the durability front, they really are hard to break.
Yeah, Well they are made from the firestorm platform....