Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

A trip on board the Thunder Tiger

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 01:27 PM
20vtrojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A trip on board the Thunder Tiger

Hi there, again!<o></o>

<o></o>

I would also like to share my latest RC buggy video with all of you, I think with that one I’m going to surprise you. So far it is my favorite!<o></o>

<o></o>

A trip on board the Thunder Tiger:<o></o>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiyvv6tz5dE<o></o>

<o></o>

It’s a voyage on board of a radio control buggy with a camera on board and external camera closely tracking the buggy in motion.<o></o> Different sceneries, different situations, together with certain information shown in head up display gives to the movie some kind of charming adventure. <o></o>

<o></o>

I’d like you tolet me see yourfeedbacks.<o></o>

<o></o>

Kind regards.<o></o>

Old 05-22-2013, 02:05 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A trip on board the Thunder Tiger

Cool....
Old 05-22-2013, 02:48 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dang....
wish I had the camera gear you do!
Nice editing.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:22 AM
20vtrojo

Thank you!<o></o>

<o></o>

I’m glad you like it. That was the purpose.<o></o>

<o></o>

I made the camera mount by using a couple of aluminum arrows (from those to shoot with bow and arrow) and I joined them with a sort of cross member. Finally the camera support works cool.<o></o>

<o></o>

Now we’re working on the second part to surprise you again.<o></o>

<o></o>

Regards.<o></o>

Old 05-23-2013, 03:44 AM
pritch

Excellent work, I like the different scenarios that you run the buggy on. I don't know how you got the road to be so empty! I could never do that here in the UK

You seem to cover a lot of ground in some of the scenes - were you driving by eye or by looking at the camera feed?

Really cool - looking forward to the next part!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 AM
20vtrojo

Thank you. It was not easy to film the road scenes. I can tell some anecdotes during the film making. Even with the police!. I would say more correctly with the neighbors! As we had the car plates hidden some of them thought it was asuspicious car. The neighbors called the police even with our cameras andtripod showing up. So, minutes later the police car came over very fast andstopped us suddenly. But it wasn’t as serious as it got, because after weidentified and explained all that was about they gave us two hours ofpermission to finish the film making. Perhaps because I have no fines and thecar was in order we did not have to deal with any trouble.

owever,for the next time or even if some of you are going to do something like that onthe road, I should better recommend you to go to the police station and askthem for permission to do it, rather than just filming scenes as we did. If itis a quiet zone I think they will let you make the film.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:51 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: 20vtrojo

Thank you. It was not easy to film the road scenes. I can tell some anecdotes during the film making. Even with the police!. I would say more correctly with the neighbors! As we had the car plates hidden some of them thought it was asuspicious car. The neighbors called the police even with our cameras andtripod showing up. So, minutes later the police car came over very fast andstopped us suddenly. But it wasn’t as serious as it got, because after weidentified and explained all that was about they gave us two hours ofpermission to finish the film making. Perhaps because I have no fines and thecar was in order we did not have to deal with any trouble.

owever,for the next time or even if some of you are going to do something like that onthe road, I should better recommend you to go to the police station and askthem for permission to do it, rather than just filming scenes as we did. If itis a quiet zone I think they will let you make the film.

isnt it nice with common sence prevails? I sware, some people get all in a bunch when I drove my rc's on the road. I dont drive in traffic, I dont drive on other people's lawns and Im not hurting anything. Seriously, the only thing at risk in MY RC! Its not like my little RC is ganna damage someone's 2 ton automobile!
Its cool that the cops understood you were just having some fun and not hurting anything and gave you permission to continue.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Delta63

ORIGINAL: 20vtrojo

Some nice neighbours eh?

Old 05-23-2013, 05:19 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PHWEEW!  That's a nice piece of work.  I....I feel so inadequate now.....
Seriously, well done.  How the heck did you get some of those tracking shots???  I saw a shadow of someone holding the vid-cam on a pole, but they certainly weren't running along side the car.  Was the cameraman on a moped?  A bicycle?
Some of the tracking shots were done with the cameraman in the real car using the camera pole, yeah?
Brilliant editing.  What did you use for the editing and rendering?
Old 05-24-2013, 12:23 AM
20vtrojo

To make these closed tracking I did not use another RC car (I’dhave loved to have another one). I had a volunteer friend riding on a bicyclewith the camera fitted low using another camera support that I made myself whenriding on mountainbike. During the road scenes, yeah I used a camera mount that I fitted on the car.

To make the edittion work I chose Magic de Luxe video editing program.

I’m glad you liked it. I hope to improve nextfilm with ideas that I’ve never seen before.

Thank you for watching.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:50 AM
20vtrojo

And here I present you the second part of the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoGsu1QvsBs

Enjoy!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:22 AM
20vtrojo

And finally I would like to present to you the THIRD PART of 'A trip on board the Thunder Tiger':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEIPKTHX8t0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgPAOZ9E0lshRRXBViqET4w

Enjoy!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:32 AM
20vtrojo

Hi there!

I wouldlike to get some advice about purchasing a FPV system (first person view). Iwould like to creat more vids like these using this system adapted in my buggy.

Any of youis using a FPV system? Can you recommend some a FPV system?

Thank you.