Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My brushless Magic Wheel/T-Maxx SCT

I had a student bring in a Smartech Magic Wheel (T-Maxx clone) last year and asked me to help him get it running. I helped him out and got it running pretty well. Fired up easily, idled great, but was just a bit doggy with a .15 pushing a monster truck. The thing looked brand new except it was missing the body. A couple days later, he sold it to another student who proceeded to crash it over and over breaking the front suspension to pieces. He asked me if he could leave it in my room along with an old Kyosho Dodge Ram QRC chassis and he was going to piece something together. Of course, it never happened and when I asked him to pick them up, he offered to sell them to me for $40. I offered $30 and he took it.

After buying a few parts from various eBay chopshops, I ended up with what you see below. I sold all the parts I didn't need (wheels/tires, original chassis plate, engine, etc.) to help get some of my money back.

Now, the rolling chassis is about 50% Traxxas and 50% Smartech. I'm running a Gforce 2650kv motor and Hobbywing 100A SC8 ESC from Value Hobby, a leftover battery tray from when I converted my Inferno to brushless, 4S Sky lipo pack, 23T pinion and 40T spur. It runs great and has been really reliable. I was worried about the Tmaxx drivetrain holding up to the torque of the brushless motor, but I think the smaller SCT wheels relieve much of the stress. I have a dogbone from the tranny to the rear, but the rest of the shafts are the old style Traxxas splined shafts.

TT-01 BMW M3, Inferno GT w/Leopard 2000kv 4082, SCT-Maxx w/HW SC8 and 2650kv, Nitro Slash w/Dynamite 19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: My brushless Magic Wheel/T-Maxx SCT

Cool,.... Nice to see someone's taking interest in off-brands and making them hobby grade. Good job!
    If you fail to plan, then plan to fail.

Evader ST | TL-01 MT | Micro BL SCT | Radian | Alias | MCX2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DieHarder

Cool,.... Nice to see someone's taking interest in off-brands and making them hobby grade. Good job!
    Yeah, the Magic Wheel is an almost exact duplicate of the first-gen T-maxx. In fact, I have yet to find any Traxxas parts that don't bolt on in place of the Smartech stuff when I replace broken items. I used a Traxxas chassis plate with a. 75 extension to get the wheelbase right. Its a blast in the dirt, but really sucks on asphalt due to rolling easily.... But my Inferno takes care of the on road fun.
    TT-01 BMW M3, Inferno GT w/Leopard 2000kv 4082, SCT-Maxx w/HW SC8 and 2650kv, Nitro Slash w/Dynamite 19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Most artists color in stages which are known as "glazes", also generally known as "Indirect Painting". The strategy was first perfected through an difference of the egg tempera oil paintings strategy and was used by the Flemish artists in Northern Europe with pigments ground in linseed oil. More lately, this strategy has been known as the "Mixed Technique" or "Mixed Method". The first secure (also known as "underpainting") is set down, often shaded with egg tempera or turpentine-thinned color. This aspect allows to "tone" the material and to secure the white-colored of the gesso.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's awesome, great out of the box thinking
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, 1/16 Ken Block
    Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e
    Great Vigor; V2000

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    i know this is an old thread, but I have one of those awesome magic wheels. Been thinking about converting to brushless. How difficult? Did you have to do any major fabricating?