Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Newbie Question Re TA SC10 Factory Team

Old 12-14-2013, 09:13 PM
WannaBeSTi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Question Re TA SC10 Factory Team

I've been looking at getting an SCT of some sort for a couple of weeks and this deal has fallen into my lap. Will you guys tell me if this a good deal for $400?
This is what the seller emailed me:

Dx3c radio with receiver
Reedy sonic 550 5.0 turn motor
Mamba max pro speed control
Castle creations bec
Savox 1258 servo
2 venom 7.4v 4200mah 30c lipos
Pro line snipers, there's also a mounted set of unused aka city blocks that are in the bag
A big carry bag for it all
The body is stock and a little beat up but it's still usable
DE racing mudguards and rear skid

extra parts:
91051- Heavy duty ball cups
91031- Rear A Arms
91025- Front A Arms
91000- Servo saver/ Bell crank
91013- Pulley/ Clicker set
91024- Body mounts
91093- Belt
91020- Front Shock Tower
91095- 60t 32p Spur gear
91006- Gear Diff Outdrives
91094- 62t 32p Spur gear
91026- Steering/ caster block
91023- Rear Shock Tower
91077- RR Spring kit (wht,blu,yell,red)
91071- Frt Spring kit (grn,wht,blu,yell)

So, all I'd need to get is a charger? Which charger would be a good one for this set up?

The seller thought they wanted to get into SCT racing and only ran it at a track 3 times. The truck was originally setup by an experienced buggy racer, who says it is an awesome setup.
Thanks
Old 12-15-2013, 03:32 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sound like a good deal... That's a lot of equipment for a car that's only been to the track 3 times. I'm a little sceptical on that.

providing it check out, it would be a great way to start of racing for $400...I think its a good deal even if it needs a new body

good way to check if its had very little use is look at the axles and diff cups. They shouldn't have any flat spots on the dogbones or pitting on the diff cups. Allso another good indercator is the slop in the ball ends on the suspension and steering.
then just check everything over. Look for broken or missing things, make sure the wheels spin smoothly, check the diff action it should be nice and smoothe and allso push the car to see if there is any strange noises from the gearbox.... Then get them to drive it.... If it checks out get it.

if u can't look at it...only pay via PayPal.... Because if the electrics are stuffed or even the diff it could get costly... Its good to have that buyers protection
Old 12-15-2013, 10:54 AM
WannaBeSTi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks phm. Her boyfriend races a lot, she's a basher and thought she'd like to get into racing. The extra parts are still in bags. She works at my LHS.
Thanks for the info on what to look for.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:46 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey just realised u mentioned a belt in the spare parts... Does that mean its 4 wheel drive? Cuz that sounds even better