Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

axial exo terrabuggy opinions

Old 12-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Northern Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axial exo terrabuggy opinions

I'm looking to replace the vintage buggies I sold. I'm looking a a roller Axial Exo And am looking for some opinions on these as I'm not too familiar with them.
All the online reviews I can find Make the Axial trucks sound great, but parts look expensive.

Any thoughts on this buggy?

I have a 60a ESC with 4000kv brushless to go in the buggy. Still need to source a radio.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:40 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great buggy, i love it.
The roll cage has to be undone to get into where the esc motor drive line is. Thats a pain for most. I just unscrew the front shocks and the screws alomg the bottom and it not that bad.
The motor mount SUCKS im on my 3rd one. I want a vanquish made motor mount bcuz ive read its the best and strongest mount made for itt however im having trouble finding it. The mount i just broke was completly my fault i have a vice grip mount and wjile jumping the exo i smacked a curb at aprx. 30mph and broke it. I have a 1/8 scale systen in mine, a sc8 esc with a hobbywing 2700kv on 3s. So all the wieght from the motor from the evil curb made the mount break.

It likes to nose dive on some jumps. That can be solved with 50wt shock oil front and 45wt oil rear. So ive read.

All in all this is my favorite car, u get the hang of the cage rather quick and adjustments to the alignment is super easy.
Put something like a small piece of fuel line in the drive cups from the diffs to avoid your dog bone flyimg out.

Hope this was helpful anymore ?s feel free to ask. I sure do!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Northern Mike

I am really taking a liking to this buggy. A full set of sand paddle tires could make it one heck of a sweet snow/mud off roader.
I would be picking it up in a second, but am thinking its maybe too good to be true.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:28 AM
zackS30

Check out some vids of it on youtube thats what sold me.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Northern Mike

Originally Posted by zackS30
Check out some vids of it on youtube thats what sold me.
Can't see your video.
This one has me sold, almost more on the LOSI then the EXO however. Check out at about 1:15 when it pulls itself up into the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjMfFU860I&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Old 12-22-2013, 10:16 AM
zackS30

I never saw that video thats cool! That losi looks awesome too!
Old 12-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Northern Mike

Well... Looks like I will be driving an Axial EXO.
Need to pick up a new radio and find a front hood for it. The seller couldn't find the hood piece for the buggy.
Any ideas where I can get just the hood that matches the OEM shape?
I see the aluminum ones on eBay, but that won't keep much of the dirt and snow out.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:26 PM
zackS30

U can get a whole new thing of body panels from ebay theyre like 40$ as far as just the hood im not sure

If u still have some cash id order an extra motor mount as well.