Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

exo terra center diff

Anyone have an idea on how to lock the center diff on this this? I had to replave the spur gear and noticed all the tiny gears inside the center diff. Whats a good way to lock it with out ruininng it.
    Redcat tornado s30, 13 Xmods, rockslide rs10, axial exo terra, axial scx10 honcho
    Fav. Quote... Only the dead have seen the end of war- plato

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks!
    Redcat tornado s30, 13 Xmods, rockslide rs10, axial exo terra, axial scx10 honcho

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    What's that "blue tack" stuff they talk about in that link? They're not talking about TrakPower Gear Grease, are they? (It IS blue, comes in a little tub) I use it in my Evader gearbox and diff. Great stuff. I have accidentally stuffed too much into the diff, and once re-assembled, had NO diff action at all. Completely locked.
    Just a schmoe....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ive heard about the blue tak b4 but heard that the gears had came loose after a while and made a fine powder out of the blue tak.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I wouldn't want to lock the center diff if it was me. Id use really thick diff oil to tune it. 500,000k should make it act almost like a locked diff, but still allow it to slip some under high stress.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I was about to stuff some paper in the diff to lock it with out hurting it. But then rethunk it and decided it should still move. But i have too muxh power to the fronts.
    Im gunna get the castle creations sidwinder 3 with the 5700kv motor on 3s with that 500k oil u recomended and try that.