Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

exo terra center diff

Anyone have an idea on how to lock the center diff on this this? I had to replave the spur gear and noticed all the tiny gears inside the center diff. Whats a good way to lock it with out ruininng it.
    Axial poison spyder wraith, axial exo terra, axial scx10 honcho, 13 xmods
    Fav. Quote... Only the dead have seen the end of war- plato

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    What's that "blue tack" stuff they talk about in that link? They're not talking about TrakPower Gear Grease, are they? (It IS blue, comes in a little tub) I use it in my Evader gearbox and diff. Great stuff. I have accidentally stuffed too much into the diff, and once re-assembled, had NO diff action at all. Completely locked.
    Just a schmoe....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ive heard about the blue tak b4 but heard that the gears had came loose after a while and made a fine powder out of the blue tak.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I wouldn't want to lock the center diff if it was me. Id use really thick diff oil to tune it. 500,000k should make it act almost like a locked diff, but still allow it to slip some under high stress.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I was about to stuff some paper in the diff to lock it with out hurting it. But then rethunk it and decided it should still move. But i have too muxh power to the fronts.
    Im gunna get the castle creations sidwinder 3 with the 5700kv motor on 3s with that 500k oil u recomended and try that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    just stumbled across this post and thought I would ad to it. I just removed the c clips from my center and rear diff and replaced all the center diff gears with an axial hd locker works great. now I know what your thinking, if you through a shaft the cup will fly out of the diff without the c clips installed but I have not had this problem and this car is my primary beater.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'm not sure I follow what ur sayin, its been almost a year since this post and I still haven't got it how I want lol. I shoved some chopped up prices of zip tie in there a while ago and I haven't tried it yet. I managed to bust a my left front tire eventually going to get some bead locks and some trenchers I think.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    first you will need to buy a axial locker say for the axial wraith. then when you have it or them depending on weather or not you want to do just the center diff or the front and rear as well. you may need up to three lockers if you want to do the hole car. second remove the diff from the car and take it apart and remove the two c clips that hold two of the spider gears so that you can remove all four spider gears and the center shaft, put the hd locker in in place of all the small gears reinstall the larg ring gear and push the drive cups back in. you may need to twist them until the push in all the way. then just put the hole diff back in the car. I would take a pic but I would have to pull a diff out and well that's a lot of work. I have two lockers in my exo and its fast, blows great donuts and launches hard.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    My exo will do wheelies, I had gum in it lol. But after a few mins of driving it would get warm and start to let it spin too much.
    I'll try the locker, sounds like a good thing and won't hurt anything.