Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

mamba monster esc calibration issue with Dx4s

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 09:56 AM
ReaDyToRooL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mamba monster esc calibration issue with Dx4s

just got the dx4s today , was using HK 300 3ch with my rc , after installing the esc in erevo i tried to calibrate esc with rx just like i did with my hk300
calibration went fine now when i pull the trigger its going in reverse while TH ch in on normal . then i reversed the TH ch but esc is not responding as its use to , its working in correct direction but esc is not taking a smooth start its like a sudden power ,
previously with my hk300 every thing was working well , i also program the esc according to my needs ,
plz help
Old 07-07-2015, 06:40 PM
[email protected]

Sorry I'm new to rc world. I don't know if this is a problem with calibration or settings. Is it normal for a 1/10 e-revo brushless to lock up the wheels and going forward right away without pauses or brakes when you pull the trigger from reverse. Why it does not have a brakes or pause like when you push the trigger for brakes like when going forward. Please help.Thanks..
Old 07-07-2015, 09:17 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I would try swapping any two of the motor wires and you should be good to go. Worst case scenario you might have to calibrate again.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To clarify Kistner's post, swapping the position of two of the motor wires will reverse the motor direction. First I'd try to recalibrate and that may solve all your issues. If after recalibrating the truck goes in reverse simply switch two motor wires and you're good to go. The esc also has the option of reversing the motor direction in its software but you need to hook it up to a computer with the Castle Link to do that.

The reason your trigger is acting funny is because you calibrated the esc to the transmitter then reversed the throttle channel. So the transmitter is giving the esc a signal that it's not expecting because the throttle range is off. Reversing a channel won't cause issues for servos, esc's dont always like it without recalibrating though.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:24 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, while we're on this subject (pardon the hijack, but it's relevant) Why do some ESCs say in their setup instructions that you should reverse the throttle channel on the radio?
Old 07-09-2015, 08:30 AM
tooth-less

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Hey guys, while we're on this subject (pardon the hijack, but it's relevant) Why do some ESCs say in their setup instructions that you should reverse the throttle channel on the radio?
I believe that is a Futaba thing ??? Never had to do the reverse throttle thing with any of my radios except Futaba. But I could be wrong ???