Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

radio reciever problem

Old 12-30-2013, 02:23 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default radio reciever problem

The remote and recieverr for my redcat is being moved from my redcat to my exo terra everything was good but now it wont go more than like 30-40ft away from me whats going on? The batteries in my remote arent NEW NEW but havent been used much and thhe battery in my car is a fully charged 3s lipo
Old 12-30-2013, 02:55 PM
zackS30

I have a new radio amd reciever on the way i ordered it friday. Its a flysky fs-gt3b. When it says 10model memory does that mean i can have two receivers hooked up to it? Like one in my redcat and one in my axial?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:44 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is exactly what it means! And you just select which car you're going to run right on the radio. Even better is you get finer adjustments like end-points on that radio as compared to your old one. Em, speaking of which, was it an old AM or FM radio with crystals? It worked in the Redcat, but you moved it to the Axial and now your range is limited? Sounds like RF interference maybe. If you put it back in the Redcat and it works, then definitely. If it still doesn't work, I'd suspect a flakey antenna wire.

My first RC had a AM transmitter/receiver and a brushed motor system. I put a Castle brushelss system in it, and it was fast as hell, for about 20ft, then nothing! The new motor system was so "noisy" RF-wise, I HAD to switch to a 2.4ghz system to run my car at all. Fortunately for me, 2.4ghz was just starting to get cheap with the FlySky GT2 for only $20. Nearest thing at the time in 2.4ghz anywhere close in price was a Tower Hobbies branded system for $79. Next up was well over $200.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:59 PM
zackS30

Its a 2.4 radio system. I noticed it starting to shorten in range while bashing my tornado. Idk what waas gking on and it bum me out sl I just said hell with it and got a better radio.
If I can figure out whats wrong with the radio system then that would be awesome though!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:13 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How are you with soldering and an ohm-meter? If you can carefully pry open the receiver case, inspect the solder connection where it connects to the circuit board. Is it solidly connected by ALL the wires strands? If it looks like there's been a lot of fatigue on that joint, try resoldering it, or even de-solder it, strip back to clean wire, trim, and re-solder to the PCB. You can use an ohm meter to see if the antenna wire has a break in it by measuring at each end of the wire, and flex the wire. If your continuity is disrupted by flexing the wire, the antenna is broken. Fortunatly, since you got the FlySky radio, FlySky receivers are only $9.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:18 PM
zackS30

I can soilder I had to learn when I was working on my xmods.
My flysky is on the waay with 2 recievers so I wont really have a problem I just want a back up radio.