Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by EXT2Rob View Post
    Um, that would be HongNor or HoBao. HoBao is who made my Hyper TT, and the build quality is really really good. So if you can get them near you under those names, do take a look at the Hyper 10SC short course truck.

As for the Slash, doesn't the Ultimate and Platinum come with the Low Center of Gravity Chassis now?? I thought Traxxas was sort of converting all Slashes to LCOG. If I'm wrong there, he could certainly buy the LCoG chassis and convert it, and that should take care of the handling "tippy" issue. But it's gonna cost him time and money. Oh well, I guess that's what some of us have to deal with when the best and only available is "The Big T". 8^)
    bleh I always typo that one

Well according to tower yes the slash platinum has the low cog chassis, but does that mean his LHS has the new one, and not an old one sitting on the shelf
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hey SyCo just a heads up that the Apache is based off the HB D8. So most parts will be avalible in the D8 part form minus the Apache body, mounts, cage etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    So are you getting the MT4? Or did you cancel the order once you remembered the VAT? If you got the MT4, you should get an extra set of shock towers and double them up. That's the only thing you need to do on the MT4, I've read.

Kyosho has a very good reputation as race winners, or did. I think Team Associated and Losi win more these days, but Kyosho is still in the mix.
    Just a schmoe....

No, unfortunately i'm not buing the mt4, or anything else from the usa, because the VAT kills me. The mt4, including shipping and the vat was 700 bucks, which is too much.
    Now I am thinking to buy a kit car, because i've got a servo and a brushed motor+ esc on the shelf, so will probably end up buying the axial exo terra, it's 400 in my country.
    Keep in touch, anyway.

One more question guys: I will buy the HPI Super 5SC Flux, because I decided that if I want to buy a new RC, it should be a big upgrade from the Savage XS and the Blitz. So, right now, I am doing my best to get the money ASAP. So, I want to run 5S Lipos on the truck. Is it possible? Two identical batteries, but with different voltage. Also, what do you think about KYPOM lipos, ever heard of them?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by TheMihai; 01-14-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Never heard of them. How are you at soldering? Just be sure to use a good connector.
    Just a schmoe....

I suck at soldering. I soldered only once a deans connector and it didn't end up well .But do I need to solder something? The truck and the lipos don't have the conectors already soldered?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    They may not. I don't know for sure. Just be sure to use Deans or Traxxas connectors, or the EC-3 connectors if that's what they have. ANYTHING but Tamiya-style Molex connectors.

Soldering isn't that hard to master. The key on battery wires is having a good iron of probably 35 watts, and a thick enough tip for enough thermal mass, to make a good, hot, QUICK, solder joint, and is allowed to cool unmoved so it ends up nice and shine-y. If it ends up dull and crackly looking, it's a "cold" solder joint, and you should start over. And one of those "third hand" jigs are great. Just practice a little on some other stuff before you work on your RC stuff. There are some good videos on how to solder on youtube, I'm sure.
    Last edited by EXT2Rob; 01-15-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Just a schmoe....

Just to let you know... I finally bought the Traxxas Summit, because I have fast cars, but I don't have a crawler/monster truck, and the summit is both of them. Will probably equip it with a MMM sooner or later, or just keep it stock for slow-ish driving.
    Thanks for all your help guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12