Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wheel centre hole and Axle diameter

Hi,

I'm looking at some more wheels for my car. In my manual I have the all the wheels and tyre diameter and widths. My axles use 12mm hex nuts and M6 lock nuts to hold wheel on.
    But, I don't have the axle end diameter and on the internet and viewing in some RC stores, some of the wheel centres look too small for my axle to go through?
    Am I thinking I've got to bore the hole bigger?

Cheers

Jingo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    It would help a lot if you share with the rest of the world what car you have got here but by reading your post i would guess that the axle is also 6 mm in diameter as the wheelnuts are M6. Sounds like your car is a 1/10 scale of some sort. With that said, many of the 1/10 cars has an axle diameter of 5 mm, so what you say and what you think of having to up the inside diameter of the rim might be correct, if not myself or others here can help you find some rims/wheels that fit.
    Find a job you love, then you won\'\'t have to work for the rest of your life.

12mm hex is 1/10 Cale, but that axle is 2mm bigger then the 1/10 off roaders I've owned or currently own. Even my Rustler is a M4.
    What make and model is your RC?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sorry,

Should of said.

DHK Wolf BL
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1498

12mm Hex's
    M6 lock nuts
    Front/Rear Wheel Diameter/Width: 61mm/29mm (2.4in/1.14in), 61mm/36mm (2.4in/1.42in)

Here's a good picture of the wheels:
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/r...498/wolf08.jpg

Cheers

Jingo

Those are some big axles. I believe some of the monster trucks have that size, but the rims might be way too wide for a buggy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I would just have get a reamer (which is a bit more accurate than to drill bigger holes) to make the center bigger and get the wheels i wanted. I see in a webshop that it is listed with 88x40 mm wheels, this is pretty much what "all" the wheels are for that scale, give or take some millimeters.
    Find a job you love, then you won\'\'t have to work for the rest of your life.