Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Wheel centre hole and Axle diameter

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 03:25 PM
-JINGO-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel centre hole and Axle diameter

Hi,

I'm looking at some more wheels for my car. In my manual I have the all the wheels and tyre diameter and widths. My axles use 12mm hex nuts and M6 lock nuts to hold wheel on.
But, I don't have the axle end diameter and on the internet and viewing in some RC stores, some of the wheel centres look too small for my axle to go through?
Am I thinking I've got to bore the hole bigger?

Cheers

Jingo
Old 01-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help a lot if you share with the rest of the world what car you have got here but by reading your post i would guess that the axle is also 6 mm in diameter as the wheelnuts are M6. Sounds like your car is a 1/10 scale of some sort. With that said, many of the 1/10 cars has an axle diameter of 5 mm, so what you say and what you think of having to up the inside diameter of the rim might be correct, if not myself or others here can help you find some rims/wheels that fit.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Northern Mike

12mm hex is 1/10 Cale, but that axle is 2mm bigger then the 1/10 off roaders I've owned or currently own. Even my Rustler is a M4.
What make and model is your RC?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:06 PM
-JINGO-

Sorry,

Should of said.

DHK Wolf BL
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1498

12mm Hex's
M6 lock nuts
Front/Rear Wheel Diameter/Width: 61mm/29mm (2.4in/1.14in), 61mm/36mm (2.4in/1.42in)

Here's a good picture of the wheels:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/r...498/wolf08.jpg

Cheers

Jingo
Old 01-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Northern Mike

Those are some big axles. I believe some of the monster trucks have that size, but the rims might be way too wide for a buggy.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:14 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just have get a reamer (which is a bit more accurate than to drill bigger holes) to make the center bigger and get the wheels i wanted. I see in a webshop that it is listed with 88x40 mm wheels, this is pretty much what "all" the wheels are for that scale, give or take some millimeters.