Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Getting Back Into Hobby - Need Advice on SCT Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:19 AM
phillips661

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Back Into Hobby - Need Advice on SCT Purchase

I'm trying to choose the best SCT for me and I'm torn between three different models.

Traxxas Slash 2wd RTR
Associated SC10 RTR
HPI Biltz RTR

I'm leaning toward the Associated but I've heard that their electronics are not that great. I like the Traxxas but I don't like the cheap look of the chrome hardware and the placement of the steering linkage (It looks like it would take a lot of abuse hanging under the vehicle). I like HPI products, I have a nitro savage and it's great, but the Blitz is about $40 more than the other two and I don't like the body.

As you can see I have pro's and con's for each and I'm just looking for some information to push me over the edge on one of them. I would like to race it (for fun, I've never raced before) and my local track has a stock Slash class, but I would also like to run it off the race track.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:04 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blitz or SC10

Slash would need too many parts to make it able to race in anything outside a stock slash spec class
Old 01-17-2014, 02:14 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

I kind of disagree. Traxxas's LCG kit for cheap and a BL system make the sucker rip, and is equal to a SC10, if you ask me. Also, look at OFNA's new SC truck, the OFNA TS2. OFNA is known for theri extreme durability. Plus, its as cheap as chips. 189 for the RTR. And get some LiPOs to perk it up. Check the links in my sig for some good LiPOs.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:27 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for messing around offroad and what not, the slash wins hands down. its one of the best bashing trucks out. and if ur local club does stock racing I would recommend getting one.

Stock slash racing is one of the most fun aspects of racing... well in my opinion
its all about having fun and keeping the costs down and is aimed for people new to racing.

at more completive levels of racing the slash is not a great performer but traxxas's new LCG chassis is looking promising...
Old 01-22-2014, 04:13 PM
phillips661

After going to the track and observing a preseason race it seems that 80% of the drivers are running the slash, the rest are Associated, Kyosho, and a couple of Torments. So now I'm leaning toward the Slash Raptor because Stormer has it for $209 with a battery and charger. That would leave me enough money to buy a racing body of my choice, I like the Proline Raptor racing body (can you tell I'm a Ford guy).