Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Quick question: E-revo brushed or Apache c1

Old 01-19-2014, 11:32 AM
TheMihai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question: E-revo brushed or Apache c1

Ok, so after long discussions with my local hobby shop, my friends and my dad, I was 99% sure that I will buy the Apache C1 Flux. But the guy from my LHS told me that the e-revo is uncomparable with anything else on the market, and extremely durable, pretty fast, even brushed. And I can't afford the brushless one, so the final question is the Apache or the E-revo. He said that he will solder the deans connectors for me (very kind) so i can run lipos on the E-revo. If I'll buy the E-Revo and will feel that it isn't fast enough, will probably throw a mamba monster in it sooner or later.
Thanks guys and sorry for wasting your time!
Mihai
Old 01-19-2014, 01:38 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will give you a wise tip of advice hobby shop employees are usually full of crap, and just trying to push whatever they have on the shelf that net them the largest profit.

If you like the Apache go for it
Old 01-21-2014, 04:41 PM
stevenator128

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Apache is pretty awesome but doesn't handle very well according to reviews I've seen. A few people I know of have swapped out the arms, links, shafts, shocks and maybe a few more parts to transform the C1 into a well-handling beast!