Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

axial scx10 honcho

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default axial scx10 honcho

I had the money to buy one but needed to loan out 50$ to my mother-in-law :/ while searching ebay I found a roller.

So call me retarded but would traxxas summit elects. work in the scx10? Its a 720? Motor I think. So thats alot bogger than the 540 it comes with.
Would the motor fit? With some new drive shafts and metal gears it would handle the power wouldnt it?
Old 02-26-2014, 08:38 PM
zackS30

Nevermind.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:16 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't know. I've never owned a summit or a 750 motor. (It's 750 by the way. ) Just 380, 540, and 550 is all I've owned...
Old 02-28-2014, 02:25 PM
zackS30

Turns out the motor is way to big lol
Old 02-28-2014, 02:37 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zackS30
Turns out the motor is way to big lol
a homemade motor mount could make it work. There are after all duel motor mounts (twin 540s)
But I don't think there would be much of an advantage over a good 540 crawler motor. It could even make the truck a bit top heavy.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:19 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well that's it... There is only so much torque u can effectively use in a SCX10

if u were going to fit some massive wheels like the summit wheels then its worth it.

Another thing ink to consider is the SCX10 can be very easy to roll... If u were to put a heavier motor on it would make the problem worse.

Personally I find the stock 27t motor and the AE2 ESC are a great combo. It's got good top speed... And a good mix of low end torque.
for bashing its awesome. For comp crawling its ok... it would be nice to trade some speed for torque.

If u plan of doing comp style crawling then a 55t motor is the way to go. But for bashing its to slow of there for u are better off with a 27t motor.

if u are looking for a cheap ESC with a drag brake to get it going... Check out this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-320A-7-2...item27df2a9b5e

because the SCX10 won't draw a lot of current u could remove the fan and plasti dip the ESC to make it waterproof..
I don't know if u have ever played with plasti dip, but from my experience its great. And after watching some videos I too found it very easy to work with.

To be honest I've only had one issue so far and that was just earlier today.
ive recently upgraded the receiver in my SCX10 and I wanted to use the old one that had been plasti dipped in another car.
problem: bind button on the receiver does not work
cause: plasti dip got into the button
Solution: remove plasti dip, remove faulty button from circuit board, manually short the buttons terminals with a pair of scissors to enter bind mode.