Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Pin type tires?

Pin type tires?

I'm still new to the rc scene, so you can imagine my surprise when I took of my wheels on my twister xtg pro and saw that they are pin type and not hexes...

Does anyone know of a better tire or conversion for these trucks other than stock? Thanks in advance for your help.

what exactly would be the downside to the pin type tires? Im assuming your referring to the pin that goes through the axle and when torqued down the pin sits in a grove and keeps the tire from slipping. that is what i have on two of my trucks.

There's no particular downside. It just seems that more tires are geared towards hex hubs, rather than just the pin.

Would you have pictures of the pin setup?
    I can't say I've seen this particular setup before. Almost all the hobby grade RCs I've had in my hands where hex, some used a pin to hold the hex but, some (my old Kyosho Ultima and Turbo Optima) simply used tapered axles and you hoped the friction would hold them from spinning.

I'll upload one or two when I get home for lunch.

Here's the photo of the set up. If you notice, the pin sits inside the rim...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0121.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	1969765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0122.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	1969766  

Looking at your pictures now, I have seen those before, just can't remember what car it was on.
    That style will limit your rim options, that is for sure.
    I would assume there would be a conversion kit or an axle you could swap yours with to convert it over.
    Hopefully someone with experience with that car can pipe up.

Anyone able to give me specifications on the rustler rear hub carriers. They're similar, but I want to make sure before I order some.