Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Helion Dominus 10TR Servo help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 03:39 PM
LeNoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help buying a new servo?

Hello, i recently purchased a dominus 10TR (1/10) and i love it, however the servo is a piece of crap. I've been looking into a new one but my servo connecter seems to be odd, it looks like i have a JR head, but the wires are white red and black, aren't JR's supposed to have yellow red and brown? does this matter? The stock servos part number HLNA0058.
Anyway, I would also very much appreciate if you could recommend a good servo that's compatable with my reciever (Maybe under $40ish if possible)?

Thanks so much

Last edited by LeNoob; 02-19-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:59 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Long as it's a three pin, colors don't matter. Do you need torque, or speed? The trusty Hitec 645MG is the torquy one and the 625MG is a little faster but a tad less torque, probably fine for a 1/10 scale. And don't consume too much power. Those are about $30. I've had good luck with the $15 servos from HobbyPartz too. Well except maybe the EXI . But you can't go wrong with Hitec.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:59 PM
lukeybouy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys just brought myself a dominus 10tr any ideas on how I can upgrade the speed? Budget around 100 quid
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a brushless system for it. Check out the HobbyWing EZrun or Xerun motor systems. Good value. How big is the Hellion? How much does it weigh? 2wd or 4wd?