Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Mamba Monster 2 stopped work wont arm or calibrate

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 11:52 AM
DriftingDragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation URGENT HELP NEEDED Mamba Monster 2 stopped work wont arm or calibrate

Hey guys I could really use some help, I have been using my Mamba Monster 2 for about 2 months now it was running fine but i go to turn it on and it starts jittering in reverse. so i turn it off and try to calibrate it but it does a half arm then just blinks red it wont calibrate i adjusted my radio so that the throttle is at 100 forward and 100 reverse.

i dont know whats wrong with it and i dont know what to do i use to be a fan of CC but now im not sure, there is nothing in thier FAQs about this happening it just says the trim is too high so i reset it

my tx and rx do communicate it had steering, and i was using yesterday, it was working fine, now nothing

*update* i just tried a new receiver and it bound it gave me steering but i touch the trottle and the motor barely turns 1% now it wont arm at all the light on the receiver will not turn on. i really need help guys

when i tried binding it, it was flashing all lights and beeping with every flash, it was plugged in properly. i dont under stand why this is happeneing, i have fried receivers before this is not like it, as well speed controllers, there isnt any erratic movements from servo or esc, ive even had an esc flame out this is nothing like i have seen before.

Last edited by DriftingDragon; 02-23-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:51 PM
DriftingDragon

*Update* it seems when i turn it on it now arms then no power gets to the receiver and the light on the receiver turns off.

so when i power on it arms, does the beeps, there is no power to the receiver. the servo still aligns but it wont take any inputs from the remote.

any one have any ideas?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Tcook1999

what battery are you using it might be to little of power
Old 02-23-2014, 07:29 PM
DriftingDragon

its a 7.4v 7100mah 90c lipo rocket power

i have run it on 7.2v 3000mah reedy wolf pack nickles

and like i said it was running fine yesterday, topping out around 80kmh

Last edited by DriftingDragon; 02-23-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:05 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your trims were Centered, right?

The jittering you describe could be a defective connector between the ESC and the motor. The flashing and failure to arm may be the ESC trying to tell you it's detected a fault. But one would think the FAQ would have a word or two about that.

I had one of the three motor wire connectors come loose on my EZrun motor. Actually it was the spring collar on the bullet connector. The car would just stutter when throttle trigger was applied. Found the loose connection and fixed it. Been running like a champ for several years. So check the motor wires from the ESC to the bullets to the motor. See if you can pinch one and the throttle works again.

If it's still under warranty, send it in to Castle. They'll fix it. For a fee.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:24 PM
DriftingDragon

Awesome thanks for the help ill double check the wires in the morning. If that fails ill give castle a call.

Thanks again.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:21 PM
DriftingDragon

turns out there was some corrosion on the battery plug of the esc
Old 02-27-2014, 01:14 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THAT was it?? All is good? Man. I was gonna suggest that you disconnect the steering servo, to see if you got throttle back. Sounded like your BEC was getting the life sucked out of it, and a bad servo can do that.