Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Question about Vintage Team Associated RC10 truck (black pan) & buggy (gold pan)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Question about Vintage Team Associated RC10 truck (black pan) & buggy (gold pan)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 11:43 PM
quantumreality

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Vintage Team Associated RC10 truck (black pan) & buggy (gold pan)

I need some help please, from someone familiar with vintage Team Associated RC10T & B (truck & buggy), so I can get these vintage RC's running. I recently purchased a lot of RC trucks and buggies, mostly vintage. They consisted mostly of Tamiya and Team Associated RC's. Most were late 1980's to early and mid 1990's. What I noticed on the Team Associated RC10T, the truck with the black, hard anodized pan chassis, and on the gold pan buggy chassis, is that they have an older Novak ESC, with a Tamiya plug soldered on it, and they also came with older Futaba, 2 channel receivers, which has a channel designated for "battery". From what I remember back in the early 1990's, there was, I think a Futaba J connector/plug, or a universal receiver plug, that had to be plugged into the battery channel on the receiver (Futaba) in order to get the RC's running. How would I actually have to wire these to get them running? Since they're already wired up to Novak ESC's that have a Tamiya plug soldered on them? I can't just plug in a NiMH stick pack and get it to run. I need to plug something into the battery channel on the receiver also. Are their batteries, like NiMH, that have both a Tamiya plug as well as a second connector, thats plugs into the receiver? Is anyone aware of, a setup or battery, that contains a Tamiya plug, to plug into the ESC, and a second connector, like J or JST, that plugs into the "battery" channel of the receiver. I know a battery has to be plugged into the receiver, in order to run the vintage RC10's? I guess I'm looking for a battery, where a connector for the receiver, somehow, piggybacks off the battery, and the battery also has a Tamiya battery plug? Is this correct? If not, how would I get these RC10's running, when they've already been wired up with Novak ESC and already contain a Futaba steering servo, which obviously is plugged into the receiver, along with the connector for the speed control, Novak? Any help about batteries, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Last edited by quantumreality; 03-10-2014 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:20 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just plug in the ESC connector to the throttle part.That supplies power to the receiver. You may need a receiver pack, but from what I know, you wouldn't for one of these. Venom makes some great 6 cell packs. www.atomik-rc.com

Look for the 7.2V 3300 MaH NiMH. Those will last forever.