Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Slash - suspension configuration problem.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:08 AM
gajos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Slash - suspension configuration problem.

Hello,
I wanted to raise suspension because of nearby terrain we drive with kid.
I did as my shop where I bought car suggested and now front seems to be fine, but rear is terrible. Car ducks on rear, cover almost touches wheels. When I put car on the ground, rear wheel are in visible V, and after little movement floor on rear goes really low.

Please take a look at pictures and let me know what is wrong.
http://1drv.ms/1fR7UQH
Old 03-23-2014, 06:37 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would seriously consider the disadvantages from running suspension that high... Where on earth are u running it?!

RC cars don't need as much ground clearance as u would think.

because u have moved the shocks to the inner mounting holes, this lets the suspension to come down futher increasing the suspension travel. Allso this effects the leverage forces making ur springs seem softer...

u need to to add preload spacers to the springs untill u achieve the desired ride hight.

To check the ride hight, drop the car on a level surface from about 5".... That will give u the static ridehight

if u carefully place the vehicle down it will sit above static ride hight and if ur suspension is slightly binding it will be even higher. And as soon as u start driving it will drop down to the static ride height,...

Last edited by phmaximus; 03-23-2014 at 06:41 AM.