Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Schumacher still worth considering?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 04:50 AM
gavd999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schumacher still worth considering?

Hi all,

First post so hope it's in the right place. Just after a little help/advice if I may. Basically looking at getting back into RC after a long spell away and as such I've pretty much lost track of things. After reading a fair few threads on here I've got a good idea on all the latest motor, esc and battery tech etc, some really helpful stuff on here.

The question I have is, I always used to race Schumacher and was looking at the Cougar SV2 pro. However I see from this forum and a couple of others, things seem very quiet around Schumacher cars. Are they still worth considering or should I be looking at other manufacturers? Ideally would like to stick to an electric 1/10th rwd Buggy.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:30 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

If you're going for a 1/10 2WD buggy, I personally like the Team Associated B5 or B5M. I've driven a friend's before, and it was tons better than my B4.1. Schumacher cars are still great, nevertheless. Just that AE has tons of parts support.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:13 AM
Next edition

Schumacher have top of the line designs and engineered kits but then so do there prices aswell if i could afford it ill be nothing but schumacher and there touring cars are just as great aswell.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:25 AM
gavd999

Thanks for the replies guys, I did look at the Team Associated range on the Modelsports site, never had any experience with them personally but I know it was always a very popular make even back when I raced. As for price, here the Schumacher cars are on a par price wise with the other kits. Will look a bit more into them, thanks again.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Eman77

I still think Schumacher has a great reputation. It's just that they are a bit rare in the USA, where most of the guys here are from. As said, parts might be tougher for us but no big deal for those in the UK.

Id say they are definitely relevant and worth considering.