Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Getting back into hobby, input on my choices for new rig?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Getting back into hobby, input on my choices for new rig?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:05 AM
mrlaroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting back into hobby, input on my choices for new rig?

Hey guys and gals, getting back into the fun hobby of rc cars. I have it narrowed down to 4 trucks all electric, which is the more durable, all around better rig?

1. Arrma 1/10 Raider BLX
2. HPI 1/10 R Flux
3. Traxxus Rustler VXL
4. Traxxus E Revo

So there it is, now my decision will be left to you folks, any input. Thank you
Old 04-06-2014, 02:43 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

which HPI you looking at? the blitz?

if its the blitz from what I read from all owners its a pretty good rig, and I've thought about getting one a few times in the past
Old 04-06-2014, 04:11 PM
mrlaroo

It was th eE-firestorm, have not seen the blitz but will look into it. ty
Old 04-07-2014, 08:20 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The rustler is a great first time car it fast, easy to use and durable. There is a crazy amount of aftermarket parts and traxxas customer service is second to none. But.... It can get boring very fast. Out of the box it's set up to be a all terrain basher but it's not really good on any surface. It's just ok on all types of surfaces. Before u know it u will be sucked into buying a ton of upgrades trying to make it awsome then $300 later u realise oh crap what have I done... And regret it... Lol

Staduim trucks are not the most exciting bash cars out there so on that note I don't recommend the rustler.....for exciting 2wd action SCT are good fun....
Old 04-09-2014, 08:11 PM
mrlaroo

Thanks for your input, I really have no clue what to get. Every car I am interested I watch a review and they bash it. I am looking at the 4WD Stampede even though I would like to go with another company.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:09 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4wd pede isn't bad just overpriced for the issues they left
The thing will destroy the sliders (specially the rears) Traxxas for the price should have put metal ones on it, or used a dogbone setup in the rear like most companies will do. But instead you have to buy $50 a pair sliders, keep replacing rear shafts, or rig up a dogbone setup on your own(I think I once saw someone do a conversion).

On the other hand the neat thing about the truck is its kinda universal as you can make it into so many different things with things like changing the tires, and suspension.
I own one, and have it set up more so as a truggy, and it handles pretty damn well only part I bought for it was the optional center differential(this helps take some stress off the rear sliders) as I had a set of tires, and a body laying around.
http://www.ultimatetraxxas.com/projects/shape-shifter/ as you can see change some parts out BOOM whole different class

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 04-10-2014 at 07:12 AM.