Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

BLDC Motor Sensor Cable Output

Old 04-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Otamotz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLDC Motor Sensor Cable Output

Hey guys, do you know what which orientation to place the six-pin sensor cable for the BLDC motor? I know it only goes in one way but I was wondering which pin was #1 and which pin was #6. There's no identifier anywhere on the motor or on the sensor cable and I'm trying to setup my own ESC so I need to know where to connect each wire. I was using this link to get my info about the pins and what they are, but there are no identifiers anywhere else. The link says that the wires are setup as follows:

Pin #1 - Black wire ground potential
Pin #2 - Orange wire phase C
Pin #3 - White wire phase B
Pin #4 - Green wire phase A
Pin #5 - Blue wire temp control, 10 k Thermistor referenced to ground potential
Pin #6 - Red wire + 5.0 volts d.c. +/- 10%

Is pin #1 on the left or the right? I couldn't figure out from any googling so I was wondering if anyone else happened to know. Thanks.