Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFNA LX2e Formula Offroad camber and toe

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Northern Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA LX2e Formula Offroad camber and toe

Any suggestions on camber settings for an ofna lx2e running 2.8 Sand Paws?
I'm going to be running/building the buggy as a formula off roader. I suspect a low negative camber would be best, but am not sure with these paddle tires.

Maybe -3 on the rear and -5 on the front?

I am pretty lost on the toe. Close to zero?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140501_131543.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	1991696  
Old 05-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking at the angle or the rear arms tells me you have the suspension high. The LX1e and LX2e have the most bump steer when raised up like that. This will make setting the toe a bit of a compromise but I'd run as close to zero toe as possible through the suspension travel. Also 'd run a couple degrees of negative camber but not much to keep
those paddles level on the sand.

Did is you find 2.8 rims with 17mm or are those 3.2 with the 2.8 tire stretched over them?
Old 05-02-2014, 03:49 AM
Northern Mike

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
Looking at the angle or the rear arms tells me you have the suspension high. The LX1e and LX2e have the most bump steer when raised up like that. This will make setting the toe a bit of a compromise but I'd run as close to zero toe as possible through the suspension travel. Also 'd run a couple degrees of negative camber but not much to keep
those paddles level on the sand.

Did is you find 2.8 rims with 17mm or are those 3.2 with the 2.8 tire stretched over them?
The suspension isn't set as high as it looks. I placed the car in it position and didn't push it down, so the tires have it sitting high. There is about 20-30% sag on the shocks ( just slightly above flat arms).
I had a few minutes last night so I through some normal tires on it to set everything. I did -1 on the rear and about -2 on the front. I still need to work on the toe as the front steering has a bit of play in it.

As for the tires, those are 2.8 tires (traxxas bead removed) on 3.2 rims.
I moved the upper arms on the rear down one hole to provide more clearance in the rims. The fronts clear, but the steering links are a bit close for comfort when the wheels are turned. Will be looking at that to see how I can adjust to buy more clearance. It clears, but I'd like a hair more clearance.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Maj_Overdrive

Well there are plenty of offset hexes availible to move the wheels a little or a lot further out. Pretty much any hex that has an 8mm bore will work, which is basically every 1/8 buggy/truggy out there. Losi has hexes that add a few mm all the way to 1/2" per side.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Northern Mike

Well there are plenty of offset hexes availible to move the wheels a little or a lot further out. Pretty much any hex that has an 8mm bore will work, which is basically every 1/8 buggy/truggy out there. Losi has hexes that add a few mm all the way to 1/2" per side.
I will have to look into those.
I'm hoping I'll be able to adjust without spacers. If not, they are a fall back plan. I'm trying to stay close to the original stance so if I want to run regular tires to run my backyard track, I won't have to adjust too much
Old 05-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Maj_Overdrive

Idk why I didn't think of it before but there are angled rod ends made specifically for this reason. I know the HPI Hellfire uses angled rod ends and I think a few Mugens do as well. Worth checking into.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Northern Mike

Idk why I didn't think of it before but there are angled rod ends made specifically for this reason. I know the HPI Hellfire uses angled rod ends and I think a few Mugens do as well. Worth checking into.
I have some of those, but for 1/10 scale, so will have to search for the 1/8 size.
Took the car out for a test run with the sand paws. Handles pretty well with them. Do need to work on the rear shocks still. The car squats bad when hard on the throttle. Its only going to get worse when I get the taller gears.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1349.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	1991963   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1371.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	1991964   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1378.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	1991965   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1351.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	1991966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1283-1.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	468.0 KB
ID:	1991967  
Old 05-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Maj_Overdrive

I was wrong about the hellfire but here's some Kyosho ones.
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...et-Type-ST-R-8