Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

castle sidewinder 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:40 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default castle sidewinder 3

While crusin ebay just playin, I came across a guy selling a wraith and clicked on it. I saw the pics and noticed he had a sidewinder3 wired up to a brushed motor. I looked on castles site but it said nothing about that,esc being brushed or brushless compatible.
So can u run a brushed motor on a brushless esc like that sidewinder. Ive been looking at the sidewinder3 for a while but I thought I HAD to gget a brushless motor too. I guess for that it doesnt matter?
Old 05-14-2014, 06:42 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All of Castle's ground esc's are capable of running brushed motors. You simply leave off the white wire and hook the esc up to a computer using the Castle Link to switch to brushed mode.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 05-14-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:19 AM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh ok thanks!