Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Body for extended 2400kv rustler.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 05:52 PM
xNitroAddictx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body for extended 2400kv rustler.

Hey guys, i put an FLM extended chassis on my rustler and now since it is longer, the body obviously won't fit anymore. So would anyone have to know of any bodies that would fit? Would either of these bodies fit? Body1 And Body2. Thanks!

Last edited by xNitroAddictx; 05-14-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Fixed links
Old 05-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The AE T4.1 body won't work, the T4.1 wheelbase is actually about 1/4" shorter than a stock Rustler. The 1/8 buggy body wheelbase should be similar to your extended Rustler and chassis width should be similar as well.

If you find something you like look for dimensions. If the dimensions are not listed on the manufacturers site try towerhobbies or other sites as they'll often list the dimensions
Old 05-15-2014, 01:03 PM
xNitroAddictx

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
The AE T4.1 body won't work, the T4.1 wheelbase is actually about 1/4" shorter than a stock Rustler. The 1/8 buggy body wheelbase should be similar to your extended Rustler and chassis width should be similar as well.

If you find something you like look for dimensions. If the dimensions are not listed on the manufacturers site try towerhobbies or other sites as they'll often list the dimensions
Thanks for that info! Would you happen to have any suggestions on bodies that i should take a look at? I'm on the search now!
Old 05-16-2014, 10:06 PM
xNitroAddictx

Bump
Old 05-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tmaxx/Revo 2.5 bodies are about the right length and wheelbase. I'm not sure what the exact wheelbase of your FLM Rustler is so double check measurements. The problem is that they are a bit too wide and the front fenders need to be trimmed for tire clearance. The front wheels of a Rustler move to the rear, shortening the wheelbase when the suspension is compressed, so the rear of the fenders needs to be trimmed. I did it once when I needed a body for my custom extended Rustler and I had a Tmaxx 2.5 body laying around.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 05-16-2014 at 11:24 PM.