Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

New Team durango dex410 v3, Battery, and racing questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New Team durango dex410 v3, Battery, and racing questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 10:53 AM
ManDime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Team durango dex410 v3, Battery, and racing questions

So i got a Team Durango Dex410 v3 (traded for traxxas Slayer pro) that was taken care of by a sponsored racer so oils were changed after every race and what not.

It has prototype hubs, i'm told and 12 mm hex adapter (plus a number of spare different types of tires).

I plan to put a mamba max pro with 2400 kv castle motor in that i'm going to get from a friend.

What i would like to know is what batteries would you recommend for racing that would be legal and what are race entry prices/prizes for novices in the buggy class?

Above everything, i want to have fun. I don't plan to get sponsored because imma get a full time job here soon so this might be an every other weekend or more kind of thing.

I also have two local tracks with 30 miles that i will be practicing at or racing.

I know a guy who races but he never answers his phone so i have to ask yall guys.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ManDime; 05-15-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:24 AM
ManDime

Anyone?
Old 05-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The entry fee and prizes of rc tracks varies by the track and the event being run. The only way anyone on the internet would know that information is if they visited your local tracks. It's a little hard to know that since your location is not being displayed.

As as for the battery, if I'm not mistaken your buggy takes either saddle packs or the shorty packs, possibly both if you change the configuration. The manual will help you out with what kind of batteries for the car. As for bein legal, most saddle packs and shorty's are made to be legal since they're primarily a pack used in racing vehicles like yours. I'd check your local track's rules before purchasing to find out exactly what they allow for your class.

Speaking of what's allowed in your class, your motor choice may not be allowed. The 1/10 4wd class generally requires a 540 size motor (sensored if it's brushless) and the 1415 2400kv is too long and also sensorless. Again, check with your local track to see what classes there are and the motor allowed in each class. For 1/10 4wd there is usually only a MOD class which allows a motor of any turn but even nonROAR tracks still usually stick to the ROAR rule that the motor has to be 540 size and sensored. The Castle Mamba Pro esc is legal though.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:39 PM
ManDime

What would be a good censored 540 can size that will work with the mmp then? I've been told the tekin 13.5t and 11.5t wouldnt work well with it. I heard Castle is sensored so the guy who is selling the mmp has a 3800 he will give me instead of the 2400.

Last edited by ManDime; 05-18-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Maj_Overdrive

I don't like giving motor recommendations for the 1/10 stuff, I stick to the 1/8 stuff. The MMP is capable of running both sensored and sensorless motors. It can probably run Tekin motors just fine if you get the right settings for timing and such. The Castle 2400kv and 3800kv motors are both sensorless and therefore not ROAR legal. In fact all Castle motors are sensorless. Again, check with your local tracks to see what motors are allowed. They may not care if you run the 3800kv. I imagine they wouldn't let you run it though since I'm pretty sure ROAR approved 540 size sensored motors are all 2 pole while the Castle 3800kv is a 4 pole and has a definite power advantage.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:14 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Go with these LiPOs and this motor. These are both amazing quality and will provide you with professional power for years to come.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Maj_Overdrive

For the same money (plus or minus $10) you can buy a motor that the professionals actually use, Tekin, Novak, LRP, viper, etc. Same goes for the Lipo, infact for the same price as the Venom 4500mah there's this 5500mah battery.

Collector1231, no offense to you, especially if you work for them, but every Venom Lipo I've had has puffed. The specs say it shouldn't have on the mild setups they were run on but they puffed while other lipos with lower specs didn't. I don't work at my LHS but I've seen plenty of puffed Venoms come in there too.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:20 AM
ManDime

Ok well i got the venom..... Nobody cry foul. If it fails then it does. I will be driving at the alvin track in texas tomorrow so we'll see how much i truly like driving at a track. Hopefully the batteries are in the mail box...
Old 05-29-2014, 07:33 AM
ManDime

Well the batteries came in yesterday and i had a blast till i stripped my hitec mg servo. The cc 3800 is more than enough for this buggy. I gave my brother the controllers for a second and he immediately slammed the buggy sideways into a concrete ridge... I got lucky though, i have tons of spares and it only took me an hour to replace the right rear arm and pin which he destroyed where it attaches at the hub. The truck is very simple to work on. So much easier than my nitro revo. All in all, this buggy is a beast. We got flood rains this past few days so i'll see if the track is dry saturday and i'll see if i can get a running video. I plan to upgrade to savox titanium geared servo if i can find one at my lhs or ill just get a cheapo for a temporary fix.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:28 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Glad to hear you're having fun. I wouldn't buy Savox. They draw a lot of current which may cause the receiver to glitch/choke up and not respond. Happened to me. I run a Hitec 645MG in my buggy, instead of the Savox 1256 that caused the problem.