Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

SC10 4x4..NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Cam193

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy SC10 4x4..NEED HELP

Hi, I've just recently put together my SC10 4x4 and I am having some problems. My steering is not working correctly and I would like some help. Here is a video.

http://youtu.be/LQl9h_vvErc

I think it is binding somewhere, and in the video it shows my servo is fine. If anyone could point me out a tip, that would be great!
Old 05-25-2014, 05:03 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

It almost looks like its pulling the front part toward the servo. If you don't mind, take it all apart and put it back together.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:03 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hard to see in the video but it looks like the bellcrank and everything was off center when you installed the servo horn onto the servo. The steering system should be centered as well as the servo when you install the servo horn.

If there is binding in the steering that video isn't going to help find it. You're going to have to check each individual part of the steering to find the source of the binding. Before taking it apart, can you move the steering by moving the servo horn by hand? If you can't the servo can't. Try moving a wheel, if you can't move the wheels then disconnect the tie rod and try again. Isolate each part of the steering one by one eliminating the possibilities and you'll find it.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:43 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have u made sure the servo horn is straight up like in this pics

Old 05-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Cam193

The trim is set to 0 but the horn has to be a little bit to the left or right, it doesn't want to be strait up and down.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:14 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's ok....as long as its close... U can use the trim to get that centre...

ok, now that we know the links are set correctly. If u remove the servo like in that pick with the steering assembly still attached. Can u test the steering again with it removed like that??
it would be a good idea to test it both by hand and by the servo

if its stiff back off the centre link screws slightly and re test.

that will let us know if there is any binding in the bellcranks or centre link...

why u are at it. While the steering assembly is removed check how easily the wheels can turn left and right. It should be silky smooth

if everything checks out its time to start checking the bellcranks again for binding but this time with the assemble fitted

I dare say all it is is maybe a over tightened screw on the centre links or something like that.

Last edited by phmaximus; 05-29-2014 at 09:22 PM.