Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Servo Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Waka789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Help

I am building a Tamiya cc01 using the stock esc can i run a savox sc1258tg or do i need a separate receiver pack. I do not want to use a external bec because I will be away while building this and i won't have my soldering equipment. Also Should I get this one with 166oz in of torque, theSA1231SG with 444ozin of torque, or the sc1231sg with 305 ozin of torque. I will be useing this servo in my HPI Bullet Mt Flux.
Please help
Old 06-11-2014, 04:50 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hummm.... If it's the stock TEU-104BK ESC it has no BEC... So what ever voltage the battery is that's what it sends to the receiver and then that sends it to the servos.

since u don't have access to a soldering iron. U need to make sure the servo and receiver can handle un regulated battery voltage.
and that particular servo u mentioned can't. If u are running a 6cell nimh or a 2s lipo u will need a high voltage servo rated for 7.2v-8.4v and as well as that u will need a receiver that can handle up to 8.4v

so yes u could run a receiver pack with that servo but u would have to back out the red wire on the connector from the ESC to the receiver and tape it up.

but I'd highly find a way to take a small soldering iron or buying one where user u go? Even a pocked butane one would work? But if that's 100% not possible I guess the best bet would be to run a receiver pack.... Or get a better ESC
Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 AM
Waka789

I have a back up dynamite 15t brushed esc but I think I'm just going to get a 2s life receiver pack or a 5 cell nimh receiver pack.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Waka789

Or I might just get a high voltage servo because the receiver i'm using is rated to 9.6 volts.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Waka789
Or I might just get a high voltage servo because the receiver i'm using is rated to 9.6 volts.
Thats the simplest, highest performance and probably cheapest solution.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:37 AM
Waka789

Ok that sounds good.