Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

B&D Dusbuster motor

Old 06-26-2014, 06:51 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B&D Dusbuster motor

Does anybody know how many turns a dustbuster motor has? I'm guessing the no-load RPM is about 19,000
Old 06-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you pop open a dust buster, hair dryer, cordless drill (cheapo stuff not dewalt) and many other appliances, you'll often find a generic machubichi or whatever it's called motor. At least that was true when I was younger and taking old stuff apart. They're really just a 540 permanent brush 27t(?) turn motor, nothing special or worth much.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:46 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dust Buster motor

For those with the same question, I found out. I had a dust buster with several bad cells in the pack, so i figured I'd salvage the motor. The motor is a 27 turn, but the armature windings are reversed. It runs real fast in reverse polarity (reverse rotation as well) (contrary to most R/C car requirements). It runs real slow in fwd polarity and the brushes arc bad in fwd polarity.

Last edited by controlliner; 07-02-2014 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Sp