Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Is A Losi Eight 3.0e Tougher Then A Associated RC8.2e?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 08:04 AM
BlueBorderRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is A Losi Eight 3.0e Tougher Then A Associated RC8.2e?

I have had a rc8.2e rtr for a year and a half now. Everything has been replaced on it, (electronics immediately) everything else at least two or three times. Its been broke sitting on the shelf way more then I have got to drive it. Lol its broke now. Everybody says "get a losi" "get a losi". I don't bash, my cars never sees pavement, I own a nice track in linwood this is where I always run laps along with other dirt tracks. But this buggy is a turd, I cant get thru 2 battery packs and I know something is going to break and end my day. Is a losi eight 3.0e any better then the associated rc8.2e design? Is the losi any tougher or can it offer any longer run time before parts just break and fall out all over the track? Im thinking about upgrading but if its all the same then Im getting out all together. RC's just cant hold up under me very well.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:35 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Everybody who says to get a Losi is dumb. OFNA is the way to go!! http://www.activepowersports.com/ofn...QllxoCsFzw_wcB
Old 07-02-2014, 11:37 AM
collector1231

People at the track may say you made a bad decision, but OFNA are bulletproof, and race-tuned right out of the box. Their jaws will drop when you pass them, lol.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All rc's have weak points and will break, they also require maintenance and periodic replacement of parts. I've had the LX1e (same as LX2e except body and shocks) and it's pretty tough. The plastic steering bellcranks and the thin tie rods aren't though, I broke or bent them multiple times. If the weather is cold then the rear knuckles and front c-hubs will break too. The LX series diffs are also weaker than other 1/8 buggies because they're cast and barely surface hardened with the holes for the diff cup screws going though the gear face. It's a beginner buggy that cheap and decently strong but if you're breaking a higher end buggy a lot it's not for you. And the suspension geometry is definitely not for race or track use.

I've had an 8ight buggy and currently own an 8ight-t 2.0. I'd have to say they're built well. The 3.0 solves the issue with the rear diff on older models. I've never broken anything on mine but I usually land pretty well and don't cartwheel much. There's always aluminum c-hubs and knuckles if you're having that many problems with the stock stuff. I'd say get an 8ight 3.0 or a Mugen. Mugen is known for building tanks and I haven't heard anything bad about the MBX6 or 7.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:05 PM
collector1231

Not trying to rant, but not sure why you always have to hop into a thread prove someone wrong all the time.... Seriously. I race on an almost professional level, and love my Nexx10SC. Also pretty sure the 8IGHT series isn't perfect, either.

Last edited by collector1231; 07-04-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:12 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im a huge Losi fan so, if I was to comment on Losi it would be very very bious....

Down here the Mugen seems to be the most popular among racers and one of the regional championships now only race Mugen.

im interested to know what are u braking????

lets face it tho, most of the current 1/8 buggies are very simular in design, to a untrained eye they all look the same.
but the main differences are the quality of manufacturing and the materials used

well all know ofna has a good track record from the hyper series, but keep in mind they are actially Hobao where the lx2e is a Hong Nor. so they are made by 2 completely different manufactures..
Old 07-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Maj_Overdrive

Originally Posted by collector1231
Not trying to rant, but not sure why you always have to hop into a thread prove someone wrong all the time.... Seriously. I race on an almost professional level, and love my Nexx10SC. Also pretty sure the 8IGHT series isn't perfect, either.
The OP is talking 1/8 buggy correct? I posted my personal experience with 2 different 1/8 buggies. Yes one of those buggies happens to be one that you linked to, but it doesn't change my personal experience with it or mean I'm trying to prove you wrong. The Ofna Lx1e and LX2e have more bump steer and less adjustments making them less of a racer and more of a basher. I personally broke the parts listed in my previous post. The big bore shocks of the Lx2e do not make up for the inferior suspension geometry and do not add durability to the rest of the components unchanged from the Lx1e. Do you have personal experience with the LX series?

The OP mentioned the 8ight and I also happened to have one of those as well. After a year I got tired of buggies but I kept the kept the truggy. No the 8ight isn't perfect, it has issues with the rear diff on the 1.0 and 2.0 requiring aluminum bearing inserts especially with brushless. Losi says this was addressed in the 3.0 but I cannot confirm as I don't have one. I can tell you the 8ight buggy handles way better and has been more durable than the LX1e was.

So racing means you can compare a Nexx10sc to a completely different vehicle that shares nothing with it like the LX series? Yeah that makes you an expert. I don't come into any thread to prove anyone wrong. I state my personal experience, I state the knowledge I've gained, where I got, facts I believe to prove I'm correct and that's it. Yeah I told the OP in this thread the 8ight is a better track vehicle than the LX in my experience because he asked about track use. Yeah I've posted about the Venom batteries and the bad luck I've had and seen others have at the LHS. I don't know if you're sponsored by them or just giving them free advertising, nor do I care about that or if it offends you. I posted my experience, I didn't flame venom, I didn't say anything about you, I don't follow you. People are allowed to give other users their personal experience and provide them alternatives to stuff they've had bad luck with or think are better. Just because you got to the thread first and I don't agree with you doesn't make it personal.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Maj_Overdrive

Originally Posted by collector1231
Everybody who says to get a Losi is dumb.
Spoken like a true class act. I bet after reading that sponsors are knocking down your door. Well, except Losi.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:46 PM
collector1231

Was trying to go for sarcasm.... Kinda hard to do it over a wire and a keyboard, lol. And I'm sorry, I really over-reacted. Sometimes I just get angry when people completely ignore what I say.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:17 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't worry, we all have bad days.... Off all the people I know that one to well
Old 07-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Maj_Overdrive

I agree with ya phmaximus! I get more than a little fidgety when I can't pop off a few hundred rounds of ammo on the weekend.
Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2016, 06:23 PM
mycarisaser

Sorry just noticed how old this was