RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

need info for rc offroad

Old 08-11-2014, 02:43 AM
Fargasta

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Question need info for rc offroad

hello to everyone,

I'm a owner of a savage flux and i want to know if there is an elettric offroad rc carwhich run faster, it doesn't matter if truggy, buggy or monster.

please let me know

thanks
Old 08-11-2014, 03:28 AM
Maj_Overdrive

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

On 6s Lipo the Savage Flux can be geared for over 60mph. Granted those are speed runs that require cool down but I'm sure you could gear for around 50mph and run all day long. You could also put a bigger motor in it and run faster. The Traxxas Revo uses the same motor and speed control but it's a lighter truck that can be lowered more and has a more aerodynamic body so from what I've seen ends up a bit faster.

The fastest off-road vehicles are 1/8 buggies, but I don't know of any RTR buggies that are 6s capable they're all 4s max with the stock electronics. But put the right motor in a buggy on 6s with the rear wing cut down and 1/8 on road tires and 100+mph is possible.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:09 AM
BKoz559

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HPI Vorza Flux and the new Arrma Typhoon can run 6S out of the box. HPI states that you at least need to change to the 2650KV motor and use alternate gearing to achieve speeds in excess of 70mph. This is true for most setups anyhow: more voltage, faster motors, taller gear ratios, less drag = more speed.

Want to go REAL fast? Traxxas XO-1. It's technically not an off-road vehicle but, it uses Slash suspension components and I've seen things online of owner's doing various conversions to them to make them off-road capable.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:08 AM
EXT2Rob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Or the Arrma Kraton, also 6S capable.

Search this Thread