Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Will This ESC Work With A C.C. 2200kv Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 01:49 PM
BlueBorderRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will This ESC Work With A C.C. 2200kv Motor?

Hobbywing 150A ESC. Im mainly concerned about the connectors from the Castle motor fitting to the connectors on the Hobbywing esc, will that work or will it need modifying? I plugged in my battery today just as I did last night several times and the c.c. monster mamba 2 ESC hissed and melted. Also the battery got hot and puffy. I don't know why that happened but now I have to replace the esc.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hobbywing-1-8-scale-c-xerun-150a-brushless-esc-10.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	2025023  
Old 08-23-2014, 02:31 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

should work fine.
I have that ESC and it works great, but I use it with a HW 2000kv motor
The 2200 kv motor pulls around 120amps so the ESC shouldn't even get warm

If the connectors don't work just take the old ones off your CC ESC, and solder em on
Old 08-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
If the connectors don't work just take the old ones off your CC ESC, and solder em on
I wouldn't do that, then you won't be able to get a warranty repair. If the esc is less than a year old, call up Castle and they'll instruct you on how to get a new one for free. If you lost the reciept and you bought it at the hobby shop I'm sure they'll make you another reciept. Out of warranty repairs are $75 so I'm not sure I'd cannibalize that esc.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:11 AM
BlueBorderRC

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
should work fine.
I have that ESC and it works great, but I use it with a HW 2000kv motor
The 2200 kv motor pulls around 120amps so the ESC shouldn't even get warm

Good idea, I still have the old esc. Im hoping castle will warranty it since its only 6 months old but if not Im going to try this hobbywing esc. I've heard good things about it. I have no idea why the castle esc did that. The red lead come off a battery the night before and it was arcing / poping so I took it out the car. The next morning when I plugged in a different not broke battery the esc instantly hissed smoked and shot off the red lead coming from its side. Battery and esc was super hot.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:15 AM
BlueBorderRC

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
I wouldn't do that, then you won't be able to get a warranty repair. If the esc is less than a year old, call up Castle and they'll instruct you on how to get a new one for free. If you lost the reciept and you bought it at the hobby shop I'm sure they'll make you another reciept. Out of warranty repairs are $75 so I'm not sure I'd cannibalize that esc.
Yeah Im calling castle Monday about that. The esc is only 7 months old. Im actually hoping they will warrenty it and send me another one or something but Im not paying $75 for a repair. If they don't exchange it I'll go the HobbyWing route.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like it had a short in the ESC

Other option is just get some bullet connectors like castle uses, and solder em on the hobbywing. I honestly don't remember if the ones HW uses are the same as its been quite a while since I touched my truggy that has a CC 2200kv combo in it.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Castle 1/8 motors and esc use a 6.5mm bullet connector.