Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New to the RC World and would like some input

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 07:05 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even with my redcat tornado s30(nitro) cost 189$ came with a starter kit and a gallon of fuel was 30$ so there I'm at ~210$

my scx10(355) better wheels and tires 55$ only at 400$

My lipo batt was 50$ and the ac680 charger was 55$

So u can spend some money on this hobby for sure no contest about that but wham dropping 1500$ on a RC unless the damn thing drives itself is retarded!

Quick break down of my garage.
First the 2 I have now sold.
Tornado s30 189
Rs10 155
Total when I got the gas and lipo batts and charger that ~240$
Next was my exo Terra 450$ (bought used with hobby wing sc8 and 2700k BL motor and savox servo)
Honcho 355$
Wraith poison spyder 450$ came with alum chubs lockouts titanium links front to back metal gear tranny axial 8holes and Baja claws. The guy had 900$ invested into it but not all at one time!

I got all this over the coarse of 3 years with lots of saving here and there.

U can spend a lot or a little either way, as long as ur having fun that's all that matters.
I've been around RCS since I was a little guy probably 5-6 and have had manyyyyyyyy RCS over the last 15-16 years.

My wife gets annoyed with my "addiction" but she's just jelly bro!
Old 09-13-2014, 05:30 AM
BlueBorderRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It cool man, Im not trying to scare the newb lol. Your right a cheaper model might be better for a beginner. That way they will get plenty of experience repairing it and replacing parts. Its just my personal advice to anybody new in this hobby "do it right the first time so you don't have to do it all over again". By that I mean, since I got my Losi I wished I had got the right vehicle in the first place which was four vehicles and thousands of dollars ago. I could have saved a lot of money if somebody just told me what was really durable. Fun is never cheap but if I had to do it all over again from the start I would just go straight for the good, high quality, tryd and trued equipment to save a lot of money in the long run.