Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Pinion Diameter And Motor Mount Slots.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Tommygunn792

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinion Diameter And Motor Mount Slots.

I'm going to make a homemade motor mount for my Losi LST2 out of some 1/4" aluminium. However, I would like to make it adjustable to accomodate other pinions instead of just a stock 25T that I'll be starting out with.
Therefore, I am after either individual Mod 1 pinion diameters (max/min) from 20T to 30T, or a method to calculate motor movement fore and aft with said pinion sizes. For now I will want to calculate measurements as if the Pinion and Spur were parallel to any adjustment slots, if that makes sense.

The slots will all be parallel, so no arcs.

Am I right in thinking that if the pinion is raised above the current pinion/spur axis I will need less slot movement to cover the same pinion gear range, or have I got that wrong?

A diagram.

Cheers,
Tom.