Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Redcat Valcano EPX

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 01:33 PM
trm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Redcat Valcano EPX

I have recently Purchased a Redcat Volcano EPX with a 550 brushed motor. I want to change the Shock angle, however it seems only shock mount has been threaded (1 for each 8 shocks) from the factory. I hope being new to this that I'm simply missing something. Solutions or Advice Please. Thanks in Advance.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:25 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you are speaking of the holes on the stock tower (not the suspension arms) I think those holes do not threaded....that plastic isn't that hard and the screw taps the whole when it is installed.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:44 AM
trm

Would I be better off just upgrading the stock Towers to Aluminum? Do they come threaded?
Old 12-04-2014, 05:32 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would imagine the aluminum towers come threaded. IMO, the plastic towers are pretty strong (I never broke one) and they allow some flex which helps keep the shocks from getting bent.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:12 AM
trm

Thanks for the Advice, I will work on getting the shock mounts started in the stock towers. I'm just looking to find the right set up, no need for additional problems.