Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Want an electric Noob

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 12:35 PM
rodrigo1508

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want an electric Noob

Hi I am now into nitro but want an electric car and since I always want the best could you lead me to the best electric off road I could buy?
Old 09-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Want an electric Noob

You really need to give a bit more information to have an answer that will help you.

Whay type of vehicle are you looking for?

-MT (speed or rock crawling?)
-stadium truck
-buggy
-4wd or 2wd

Are you wanting to bash or race? If so what class? Are you looking for RTR or Kits? Do you already have a charger, good radio, etc.

Anyway, just some thoughts to mull over.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:18 PM
rodrigo1508

I have a Jr xs3 and a super brain 969
I do know I dont want an MT, dont know about buggies but I am thinking more of a stadium truck maybe 2wd. I wont race mostly bash but dont want a cheap car that will break and is slow. I want a fast , durable truck. By the experience I had with my nitro on road I want something that later I dont want to change for something better.
RTRs and Kits are welcome but dont know what a kit will need to run so if you could tell me that would be great.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

Since you are looking for a bashing stadium truck I would look into one of three trucks.

-Associated RC10T3
-Losi XXXT
-HPI RS4MT

The most durable of the bunch will probably be the Associated T3. It's an extreemly durable truck that will work well in bashing conditions. The T3 was just replaced in Associateds line with the T4 which means deals are out there on them. The T3 is a bit better for bashing than the T4 due to higher ground clearance.

The Losi is a little less durable than the T3 but may handle a bit better (though both are close).

The HPI has 4wd so it's bashing ability will be a bit better since it won't get stuck as much. The HPI is a pretty durable truck as well.

If you ever plan on racing with the truck I would suggest you look into the RC10T4 and or the Losi XXXT. They are the best racing trucks on the market. Forget about the HPI if you plan on racing as there are pretty much no 4wd ST classes.

As for equipment, I would suggest going with a Novak Brushless motor. It's a bit expensive from the start but the benifits in the long run are worth it. You get near nitro speeds, longer run times than low turn brushed motors, almost no maintanence and the best warranty in the business. If you want insane speeds go with a Hacker or Lehner brushless motor and 8-10 cell packs.

Your radio is great.

For batteries I would suggest picking up 4 nice GP3300 packs. If you are only bashing don't worry about matched packs, but if you plan on racing pick up matched packs. you can pick up fair priced GP's from www.integy.com www.cheapbatterypacks.com and a few other places.

Unless your charger is the newest superbrain that can charge two batteries at one time I would suggest getting rid of that charger. If it is the new one it should work fine. The original SuperBrain was very prone to false peaking which can make life in the electric world a hair pulling experience. I would also suggest having two chargers if at all possible. That way you can charge two batteries at once. With 4 packs you can run most of the day with out much delay with electrics.

I'm sure others will have other picks for equipment and trucks but these are my suggestions.