Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

axial yeti kit

Old 01-06-2015, 07:48 PM
arrbor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axial yeti kit

Hi, i am going to by the yeti kit and am looking for input on what esc/motor to use. I will be running it in open areas ,jumps mud and very little crawling. Would like waterproof and ability to run on 4s. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:02 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A brushless system intended for short course trucks is the perfect size. The only systems I know of that is 4s capable is the Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro SCT with the 1415 2400kv motor and the Hobbywing Xerun SCT Pro 1/8 system. There are other 1/10 SCT esc's that are 4s capable but they don't come in a combo with an appropriate motor. Just make sure there's enough room in the chassis for the motor as 4s capable motors are typically longer, in the 65-74mm long range.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:04 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

4S LiPo in a Yeti? I don't know what the battery compartment dimensions are...yet. I would like to think that a 3S pack will be plenty enough "juice" to propel that monster buggy/rock racer. I would do a www search, until somebody chimes in here who owns a Yeti and can give some insight, and see if you get any videos showing a 4S being put into that Axial.

Last edited by RustyUs; 01-08-2015 at 04:07 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:12 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Just by reading the specs from Axial : The battery tray is fully height adjustable with four button head screws, making room for most standard sized 2S and 3S LiPo battery packs.