Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Gear Diff setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 11:30 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gear Diff setup

So when I built my gear diff 6 months ago, I used some of the gear lube I had in the garage. Seems to be holding up. But after so many hours on it I was going to tear it down, clean it up, re-lube. Was wondering what silicon weight is recommended? I read 10wt, 20wt, 30wt, 40wt shock oil, 2000, 5000, 10,000 7000. Thinnest as possible, no use the heavy stuff, no use thin no use thick, no use wheel bearing grease no use WD40.

I have the same grease as before and 30k silicon, 20wt, 25wt, 35wt, 40wt, 60wt shock oil,

Buzz.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:07 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 10k silicon lube in the front and rear of my exo and 500k in the middle diff. The 500k is almost locked but still allows a reasonable amount of spin, the 10k is pretty good it allows the front and rears to spin as they should with out it being too hard. In a turn it still unloads the opposite wheel but the other wheel is still spinning to. So its not so thin that only one wheel gets all the power in a corner.
I use a red colored wheel bearing grease on the out side of the diff(for the pinion and ring gear)

Last edited by zackS30; 01-24-2015 at 03:11 PM. Reason: grammer