Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

SCTE 2.0 with the MIP Pro4mance Kit = ultimate truck?

Old 02-09-2015, 09:49 AM
rwj333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCTE 2.0 with the MIP Pro4mance Kit = ultimate truck?

I'm planning on buying a Losi SCTE in the next day or two. I want to build the ultimate short course truck. I plan on racing on outdoor dirt tracks and just running it around my house - dirt, grass, gravel.

I've been researching for months and have not found anything on converting the scte 2.0 to the MIP chasis. My idea is that I would love to have all the race quality components of the 2.0 and the incredible light chasis of the MIP pro4 kit. Lighter weight should cause longer run times and less wear on the drivetrain/motor. Would this be possible?

Am I better off just getting the 2.0 and not adding the Pro4 kit - given the places I will be racing - outdoors... Or am I better off getting the scte 1.0 and upgrading to the MIP pro4mance kit because too many components are the same between the 2.0 and the MIP?

Or could the 2.0 with the MIP Pro4mance kit combine to make the ultimate short course truck? If so, when parts are doubled, like the shock towers, which should I put on my ultimate truck?

Lots of questions, but having lots of fun learning. Thank you for your responses. I have also posted this to the short course forum. I'm hoping to get lots of opinions.