Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

My new short course truck!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:24 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool My new short course truck!

Hey guys! Lookee what I just got for a song....

Been having a great time with my Hyper 10TT truggy. My buddy EGbasher has one too, and we've been racing them for a year. They ROCK!
But I was starting to get a hankering for something new and different. I've been really impressed with the OFNA/HoBao quality, so I started looking at the Hyper 10SC short course truck, the cousin to the TT. They share 95% of their parts, so I wouldn't have to spend a boatload stocking up on replacement parts for another platform, yet, it's a completely different vehicle. The chassis is longer, the track narrower, plus, the longer bumper extensions. And of course, the huge body. So it really is a different vehicle.

I mentioned this to one of the regulars on a Hyper TT forum I'm on, and he said, "Hey, I've got a couple 10SCs I'm thinking of selling."
So, I ended up buying BOTH of them for $320! For comparison, a new roller goes for $265. And these two CAME with motor systems and servos! The one in the picture came with a Hitec 5695 servo, a Novak 550 Sensored motor and a BH120 120Amp ESC. Plus it has an aluminum upper plate, front brace, and rear bumper mount. The second car has a X-car 120A ESC and Toro 550 4600kv motor.

I decided to buy both, because my racing buddy, EGbasher, has historically bought what I've bought, and I figured, once he sees how cool this truck is, he'll want one too so we can race each other. I "surprised" him with it when he came up for a race day last week. Yep, he liked it! And glad I bought it. "Check's in the mail!!"

So how did it go, buying a used truck? Just fine. About as I expected. Yes, I broke a couple parts the first day, but remember, the parts on this car were probably a few years old, and had gotten a little brittle. PLUS, they were older-design parts. One of the rear hub carriers I broke, only broke because it's lower mount where the hinge pin goes thru only had two tabs that it slid thru, where the newer part is all solid long there. I also broke a suspension arm, again, probably brittle. And the old part only has two shock mount holes, the new one has three. So obviously, these parts had been on there a while, and like I said, probably brittle. And I had replacement parts in the TT parts box!

These trucks are our first time using "big" 550 motors. I certainly see the advantage. Especially since the 10SC weighs about a pound more than the 10TT. Interestingly, my Hyper 10TT with the little 380-size 4600kv EZrun motor system was able t keep up with my buddy's 10SC with the big Toro motor. But it drives completely differently.

I'm so stoked to have a cool new RC! Funny thing? That old '60s Gulf Oil livery is from my favorite car of all time! (the Ford GT40 that whupped Ferrari at le Mans three years running) So it was almost like this deal was MADE for me!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10SC#2c.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	2071844   Click image for larger version

Name:	10SC#2a.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	2071845  
Old 02-09-2015, 02:33 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome find Rob! I love buying used because it's so much cheaper and I can fix anything broken on it. They only part I hate is that I usually don't get the box, still well worth it. That's an great deal man! Nice job!