Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

EMAXX Set Up Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 02:35 PM
tn102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMAXX Set Up Help

Hello

I'm getting back an emaxx that I once had. I traded it off because I had too many models and couldn't get it running, and the deal was right. I've since gotten rid of some, and have acquired it back.

Anyways, it is a grey chassis emaxx. I would like to run brushless and Lipo in the truck. However it has a 2 speed transmission, and I would like to eliminate that.

Also, I was wondering what size brushless system I would need. I am going to do some general bashing, so I'd like it to be waterproof. Other than that it'll be used on a track to run over a-holes on open practice days that break one of our groups stuff on purpose.

I'd like to use the castle manna max pro with 2 2s Lipos is this possible, and how would it handle? Would it be sluggish and slow, or would it be pretty decent. I'd like it to beba little faster than stock brushed
Old 02-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Mamba Max Pro (MMP) isn't the esc I'd recommend if you were buying new but it can be used. The MMP's Bec is weak so dual servos will be on the slow side. But the main thing is the amount of amps it can handle, the MMP is a 120amp esc and while others run 120amp esc's and say it's fine I personally like some wiggle room. A 120amp is fine if geared within the esc's limits and if you don't want to go much faster than brushed you'll be plenty safe. I'd guesstimate as long as you're under 40mph you'll be fine.

Brushless motors aren't waterproof as water can get inside them, but they do continue running even when submerged. The thing that needs to be waterproof is the esc. But as far as motors go, anything that measures 40mm or greater in diameter and aprrox 74mm or longer with a kv 1800-2200 will be fine on 4s.

I haven't looked into the 2 speeds on the grey chassis trucks that much, but I don't recall hearing anything about them failing. You won't need 2 speeds so just put it in 2nd and leave it there. Usually it's shifting while on the throttle that causes failures in these types of trans. The single speed trans are known for being basically bulletproof as the gears are metal vs plastic.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:10 PM
tn102

I went with the Novak Diablo. I think I may get the 5amo bec for the dual servos.

However, I was fooling around with it, just pushing it after I took the motors out, and have lost one e-clip on the rear axle. It's the one that holds everything together up by the diff. I was able to get it back in so I can at least have it assembled and not lose parts, but I need to get one. What size is this, so I know what I'm buying.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:10 PM
tn102

I went with the Novak Diablo. I think I may get the 5amo bec for the dual servos.

However, I was fooling around with it, just pushing it after I took the motors out, and have lost one e-clip on the rear axle. It's the one that holds everything together up by the diff. I was able to get it back in so I can at least have it assembled and not lose parts, but I need to get one. What size is this, so I know what I'm buying.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:10 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume you mean the e clip on one of the driveshafts. I Don't know the exact size just that they're tiny. Yraxxas doesn't sell the e clips separate, you have to buy the universal joint hardware pack.