Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

WANTED: FlySky GT3 Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 05:40 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED: FlySky GT3 Transmitter

Just finished building my RC crawler hauler trailer and I realized I need another transmitter. I imagined being able to drive the truck pulling the trailer, stop, and unload/load the crawler, without having to shut one truck down and turn on the other. So the only solution I can come up with is to have two radios on hand.

I'm looking to save some money over buying a new system for $40 + shipping. If you have a FlySky GT3B or GT3C transmitter that you wouldn't mind getting rid of, pm me. We can negotiate over pm depending on the model and condition. I'd like something functional. Light/minor scratches are fine, just as long as it functions and is in at least "good" condition. I couldn't find much on the RCU marketplace or Craigslist, so that's why I'm here. I'm not gonna rip you off, I just don't have enough extra for a new one and a receiver I don't need. Thanks guys!
Old 04-19-2015, 04:14 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I was looking around and 'couldn't find any used ones for you (FS-GT3C). They went up in price a bit I see. The cheapest price I found (new) was $49.09 free shipping, and that comes from overseas. I remember, a year ago, when you could get 'em for $35~$40 all day long.

Do you have your heart set on a FS-GT3C/3B?

Even the FS-GT3B models are $44ish.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:22 AM
DieHarder

Well I have FS 3ch receivers in both vehicles and I need 3ch control for one of them. As far as I know, the GT3B and GT3C are the only 3ch FS makes. I might be able to get by with a GT2 though. It has to bind to the FS receivers.

Yeah, I saw the prices went up. I wanted to check here first before dishing out $50 in all for a GT3B, or I might just pay up even more and get the GT3C. It seems like someone out there must have one that they don't use/need...
Old 04-19-2015, 02:15 PM
cbaker65

You might want to consider a 2.4 heli radio system if you want to run mutiple stuff,maybe a 4 to 6 channel..
Old 04-19-2015, 02:41 PM
DieHarder

I just have three things to run and don't have any plans for more. Thanks for the thought though. I guess I'll wait a couple more days before I go out and buy one...
Old 04-20-2015, 10:40 PM
nfichaomc

I guess I'll wait a couple more days before I go out and buy one.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:22 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nate, I'd go with the FS-GT3B. I have a GT3C that I'd gladly sell you cheap, if you don't think you need a lot of radio range. Hell, I might just give it to you, if you want it. Here's the thing: You know about the throttle response / glitching issue I've been experiencing since I got a new car. Well, it finally came down to the radio. After trying several other things to eliminate the problem, and finding out that they didn't really fix it, I tried binding that car to my GT2 radio. THAT fixed all problems. With the GT2, I have perfect control out beyond 100yds. With the GT3C, if it got beyond 30 FEET I'd start having issues.

The guy I bought the SCT from had a video on YouTube where he tests several radios with a spectrum analyzer. One of them was the GT3C. I PM'ed him and asked if he noticed if the GT3C had a lower signal strength than the other radios he tested. His reply: "Yeah, it has everything to do with voltage applied to the Radios that I've tested... radios with higher voltage tend to perform better." Makes sense to me. The GT2 and GT3B both use eight AA batts for an operating voltage of about 10V. The GT3C uses a 1S Lipo pack operating at less than 4V.

Now it seems to be true that some people have NO issues with the GT3C as far as range is concerned. I don't know what to make of that. One guy suggested it might have something to do with the radio's antenna, that some aren't placed properly or something. Is there a quality-control issue with these radios? I don't know. All I know is, the one I have is unusable to me. Too bad, too, cuz I really liked the radio. The display is MUCH better than on the GT3B. And it's much lighter due to the Lipo battery. Very disappointed.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:45 PM
DieHarder

PM sent!
Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Nate, I'd go with the FS-GT3B. I have a GT3C that I'd gladly sell you cheap, if you don't think you need a lot of radio range. Hell, I might just give it to you, if you want it. Here's the thing: You know about the throttle response / glitching issue I've been experiencing since I got a new car. Well, it finally came down to the radio. After trying several other things to eliminate the problem, and finding out that they didn't really fix it, I tried binding that car to my GT2 radio. THAT fixed all problems. With the GT2, I have perfect control out beyond 100yds. With the GT3C, if it got beyond 30 FEET I'd start having issues.

The guy I bought the SCT from had a video on YouTube where he tests several radios with a spectrum analyzer. One of them was the GT3C. I PM'ed him and asked if he noticed if the GT3C had a lower signal strength than the other radios he tested. His reply: "Yeah, it has everything to do with voltage applied to the Radios that I've tested... radios with higher voltage tend to perform better." Makes sense to me. The GT2 and GT3B both use eight AA batts for an operating voltage of about 10V. The GT3C uses a 1S Lipo pack operating at less than 4V.

Now it seems to be true that some people have NO issues with the GT3C as far as range is concerned. I don't know what to make of that. One guy suggested it might have something to do with the radio's antenna, that some aren't placed properly or something. Is there a quality-control issue with these radios? I don't know. All I know is, the one I have is unusable to me. Too bad, too, cuz I really liked the radio. The display is MUCH better than on the GT3B. And it's much lighter due to the Lipo battery. Very disappointed.