Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Truck 1/10 for newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 05:11 PM
seitz00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck 1/10 for newbie

Am interested in off road truck 1/10 scale. Based on our track, newness to sport, local availability etc have narrowed it down to two. Would appreciate feedback on the these two: "Helion Volition vs Team Associated SC10.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:12 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I cant say I have driven either but I just read a review on the volition and it sounds half decent. However, for racing I'd go with the associated. You'll have other drivers there using the same truck, you will be able to compare setups, etc. Plus it doesnt look like the volition is entirely tunable with fixed length links all the way around.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:42 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

agree with kistner sc10 for track use
Old 05-14-2015, 11:14 PM
bithuizev

I cant say I have driven either but I just read a review on the volition and it sounds half decent.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:32 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by seitz00
... Based on our track, ....
If only a person could a basic kit to put in some decent electronics right from the get go. RTR packages don't mean Ready-To-Race IMO. I would not recommend one to someone looking to jump straight into racing... that is if the OP was referring to a local sanctioned racing scene.

Most of the time RTR packages include items (electronics) that are not quite up to par; sometimes less than mediocre radio/servo/ESC/motor is just included for the Ready-To-Run factor and keeping the price point to a minimum. And let's not forget about the tires...most RTRs probably come with a medium compound tire set.

I don't want to be a buzz-kill to anyone looking to get in the hobby, but I don't know quite what your intentions are with a new truck purchase. If you are wanting to jump right into something--"get you're feet wet" type of person...then by all means RTR is for you.

I have to give kudos to Helion for the radio they've included in with the Volition though. A RTR radio with End Point Adjustments on the steering and throttle...awesome!
Old 05-17-2015, 11:01 PM
rliezhepet

I just read a review on the volition and it sounds half decent.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:41 PM
robyanhuz

Old 05-25-2015, 07:22 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robyanhuz
EFFIN' BOTS!!! Can't the Mods delete these suckers?!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:50 AM
cetme308

If you are lucky to have a track by you then go see what others are driving and talk to them.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:57 AM
DieHarder

Exactly! They're only ready to RUN! Life is too short to stay stock.
Originally Posted by RustyUs
If only a person could a basic kit to put in some decent electronics right from the get go. RTR packages don't mean Ready-To-Race IMO. I would not recommend one to someone looking to jump straight into racing... that is if the OP was referring to a local sanctioned racing scene.