Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New to rc racing looking for help with Rc10B4.2

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:36 PM
ZombieDuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to rc racing looking for help with Rc10B4.2

I just got an Associated Rc10B4.2 buggy for racing. Im new to rc racing Ihave been to my local track a few times and most of them run a traxxas bandit 2wd brushless. But I have read alot on th Rc10B4.2 and I think it will be competitive with there buggys. I just need help picking a battery and charger . At the track I can run a 2s lipo or 6cell NiMH. I was thinking a SPC 2s 5000mah lipo. I have just never used lipo I hear that they make the car run faster then NiMH batterys. Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated. Thank you

The track I will be racing on is a clay oval track but they also have a SCT track with a few small jumps I want to run it on but most of the time it will be on the oval track. The buggy will have a late model dirt oval body.

Last edited by ZombieDuck; 06-01-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:34 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Oh. You're doing oval racing. Gotcha. Knowing that, you probably want a high MAH battery with a lower C rating.

Charger; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...attery-charger
Battery; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...-with-uni-plug
Old 06-02-2015, 04:59 AM
Hotled

I'm curious , why would the battery make a difference since the Lipo is gonna give better power? I'm getting more and more into oval was just wondering why the suggestion of MAH.

Originally Posted by collector1231
Oh. You're doing oval racing. Gotcha. Knowing that, you probably want a high MAH battery with a lower C rating.

Charger; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...attery-charger
Battery; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...-with-uni-plug
Old 06-02-2015, 09:22 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Well, higher MAH=longer run times. When you're running on an oval course, you are nearly on the throttle the whole time. Each one of these races last between 5-10 minutes, so you want a powerful battery, but not one that is too powerful, as it will disperse its energy faster and you won't have enough power to finish the race.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:26 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombieDuck
...I was thinking a SPC 2s 5000mah lipo. I have just never used lipo I hear that they make the car run faster then NiMH batterys. Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated. Thank you

The track I will be racing on is a clay oval track but they also have a SCT track with a few small jumps I want to run it on but most of the time it will be on the oval track. The buggy will have a late model dirt oval body.
Those SPC packs are well liked by many users as well as the packs from SMC. Either way, you're on the right track!

In Layman's terms...a 2S LiPo battery is same as a 7cell NiMh battery in terms of voltage. LiPo batteries are also lighter than NiMh or NiCd batteries from back in the day.