Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Crash Barrier to keep your RC from breaking

Old 06-14-2015, 10:51 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crash Barrier to keep your RC from breaking

I've been meaning to post a picture of this for a long time. I've mentioned these many times in my posts.

If you are running your RC in an area where there are hard obstacles, like posts or trees, chances are, you're going to hit one sooner or later. And when you do, it's always at full speed, many hours of wrenching and parts replacement are in your future, right?

Not if you use these crash barriers, made from strips of sleeping pad foam and small orange safety cones you can buy from Sports Authority.
These barriers have saved us innumerable times from major damage. The cones direct impact energy UP and away, and the foam also absorbs energy. They're cheap and effective.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	crash barrier.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	2102545  
Old 06-15-2015, 09:09 AM
suckfishrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great idea that I will try, Thanks
Old 06-16-2015, 09:35 AM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, great idea! But I'd have to spend hundreds of dollars for it to work for me. I think for me, T-Bonz bumpers are probably the better idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI1rYKFDmTU
Old 06-16-2015, 04:29 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh....yeah.......I see where that would be prohibitive for you.  And you're running free form, as opposed to running a course, like I usually am. But if there are a couple of trees that are in particular danger of grabbing your car, you could just wrap those....

Fun video. Great way to give the pooch a workout!

Last edited by EXT2Rob; 06-17-2015 at 09:52 AM.