Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

I'm thinking about buying a nitro slash, any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:34 PM
ColeB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I'm thinking about buying a nitro slash, any thoughts?

I want to buy an all around short course truck to do some bashing and dirt course driving on too. I thought about buying the electric 2x4 but now I'm leaning towards the slash nitro, although the electric is 150$ cheaper I would probably spend over 100$ on a new motor and lipo batteries. On the nitro I would put the rear tires on the front and buy new softer tires for the rear for better traction and control and also buy new springs for either the eletric or nitro slash. Any thoughts? Opinions on wether or not to buy nitro or eletric?
Old 06-30-2015, 10:15 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

For a first RC car? Buy a 2x4 electric one. Nitros are terrible first cars. I'd also get softer compound tires for the rear on the electric, but keep them for the track. Use the stock rear ones for bashing and keep the ones on the front on there. And don't buy a new motor/ESC as soon as you buy it. Learn on the Titan, but break it in properly. For 2 packs, go to a straight road and gradually increase to full throttle and slow down with NO brakes. That should break it in well so you can get a lot of runs out of it and then buy a new ESC/motor when it dies. Too much power is bad for new guys.

My first racing/"real brand name" RC car was a Slash long ago and I love driving it today, even more than my expensive race rigs. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me on here for a fast response.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:46 PM
ColeB

It is my third truck, I sold the other two a while back, I'm looking to get back into the hobby again.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:54 PM
collector1231

Oh. I still think the 4x2 electric Slash is best, though. I had tons of trucks before it and my Slash is the best one I've ever owned to this day, as well as being a blast to drive. The aftermarket selection for it is also massive.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:27 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You posted "I think I wanna buy a Nitro Slash" in the Electric Off Road Trucks, Buggies and Truggies forum. If you were looking for encouragement, you came to the wrong place, mate. We're all electric guys here. Not that we're not willing to help. You just aren't going to find much love for nitro here.