Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

NEED HELP With Traxxas La trax SST! please

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 05:53 PM
theninjaprotigy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP With Traxxas La trax SST! please

So i have a 1/18 Traxxas La Trax SST. It worked great for weeks but now its acting up. After about 1 minute of driving it now, it will lose a lot of power and become super slow and eventually stop. I know it cant be the whole car losing complete power because at this point the car wont drive but the steering will still work... i thought i might have left the battery on the charger too long and fried it. so i got a new battery and it would last a couple more minutes but still would all of the suddon become very slow and eventually stop. If you have any idea about what it might be please let me now! I would really like to get back to driving it!
Old 09-01-2015, 06:41 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Maybe the charger isn't fully charging the battery?

Charger; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...alance-charger

Charge leads (pretty sure these are right, can someone confirm? it may use the stupid smaller Tamiya plugs) ; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...-adapter-18awg
Old 09-02-2015, 09:18 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you may have enabled the Lipo low-voltage cut-off. The speed control has that feature for running Lipo packs. Pull out the manual and read up on how to turn off the LVC. And it does look like it uses the stupid Tamiya plugs. *** Traxxas? Do yourself a favor, and ditch those plugs in favor of Traxxas' own high-current connectors NOW before you go and buy more batteries. Tamiya Molex plugs should be BANNED from the hobby, IMO.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Carabidae

Hey I got the SST too, for my son which he doesn't use anymore, so it got into my collection.
A few days back it was acting strangely, had sounds coming from it. it was running a bit rough. opened the rear gear and it was filed with dirt. cleaned and greased, it was ready to go again. then the motor gave up. ordered a new one from ebay, had to do some modifications to it to fit. I think ill take to the next level and convert it to brushless.
As Rob said u might be using the LiPo cut off. the Lipo has a green light and the Nimh has a red light. a long press on the speed control button will switch from lipo to nimh and vice versa.