Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rc Truck Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 05:25 PM
DarkSnow82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc Truck Troubleshooting

I recently got a rc truck. A Mattracks 4wd hummer. The previous owner is a friend of mine and it worked fine till It sat on shelf before I got it. The problem started with fresh batteries so I got new ones charged them and it didn't want to move at all at first but now when I turn it on it goes reverse for a second then full bore forward and doesn't respond to control at all..... does that whether control is on or off.... please help!!! He did have a roach problem any ideas??
Old 09-23-2015, 01:53 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi friend. It sounds like you may have a connection problem between the receiver in the vehicle and it's speed controller. Of course, in that car, it is likely one and the same. Tried to look for pictures of the interior, but didn't see any. Batteries in the transmitter (controller) fully charged? Turn on Tx first before turning on car?

You might also try looking and/or posting your question over here.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:46 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

You say he has a roach problem? If you're meaning cockroach problem, they probably got into the electronics and peed on everything. Causes corrosion on the circuit boards. My brother has an electronic repair shop and sees a lot of that.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:53 PM
DieHarder

^^^

Pic up a FlySky GT3B, only $40. http://www.amazon.com/FlySky-FS-GT3B...ds=Flysky+gt3b
Old 09-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Radio shack truck. You might, emphasis on might, be able to clean the board with a toothbrush and alcohol. Might work might not.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:24 PM
neex

I have sort of reverse engineered this board and have done component level repair on them. Are you handy with a digital multimeter or even a low powered test light?? If so, you will have 2 chips to concern yourself with... one for TX (in the remote I believe) and one for RX (on board/receiver). You need to probe the voltage on the pins in both open and closed states to see how the signal is being handled. If you have 'stuttering' at high output (full throttle or full locked turning) you might have a loose solder joint on the FET. If you hear the 5V? relay open and close when you use the remote then the board is at least receiving the signal... this would indicate no real need to probe on the RX board much. Email me if you want to take this offline as I think I have my notes somewhere.... I scoped and metered every component on that board and am fairly familiar with it.... Now if I could just find someone with a junker who would part with the rear steering linkage plate..... Is this the board???

http://www.evernote.com/l/AUy_-21toD...NmlRBhOTNGt28/

Thanks!

Last edited by neex; 10-17-2016 at 10:47 PM.