Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Ideal esc to use a 3s lipo on a 3300kv 12t brless motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 02:45 PM
tohrurc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideal esc to use a 3s lipo on a 3300kv 12t brless motor

Hey guys, a shout out to all of you!
Im kinda a new on the whole RC world but Ive been reading a lot about the most important things like motor, esc, batteries, ect...
Recently Ive aquired my first rc, its a hsp 1/10 buggy with a brless 3300kv motor and a 45a esc.
I already now that my motor can operate up to 11,1V and from that voltage it draws 59amps.
Judging by that info, I already concluded that my 45a esc wouldnt be able to handle 3s lipos on this setup, however Ive seen vendors selling combos with 3300kv motors and 45a esc and they advertise it saying the combo can handle up to 3s. This have put a doubt in my mind.
So basically I need to know if this kind of combo really supports 3s or if I will have to change to an esc with at least 60a?
Thanks guys and keep up the nice work
Old 10-12-2015, 04:36 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Usually there is a motor limit associated with each stage of voltage. Check the manual. Let me guess...the manual that comes with the buggy is more like a exploded view parts list. I would say the 59 amp number sounds about right for your motor, and would definitely jump up to a 60A ~ 120A ESC when dumping more power into your RC. Probably somewhere around a 2500Kv motor would be OK on 3S with your 45A ESC, but then again I like to push the limits of my 35A ESC (12T motor limit); running a 9T 4370kv motor .