Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

2WD ECX Torment (1:10) to 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:38 AM
shootingcharlie8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2WD ECX Torment (1:10) to 4WD

Hi, I am brand new to this forum, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm wanting to change my new ECX Torment from a 2WD to a 4WD, is there any easy way to do this? Sorry fir the short post, but as I said I'm new here.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:31 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to RCU.

No easy way to do it...I would say pretty much impossible...Two completely different transmissions/chassis.

Last edited by RustyUs; 10-29-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:31 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rusty's right. A 2wd machine has the motor and transmission mounted to the same mount, and the differential drives the rear wheels. In a 4wd car, the motor mount is usually in the middle of the chassis, and drives a center-mounted diff, which in turn drives diffs at each end of the car. ECX doesn't make those parts. I suppose if you stripped down the chassis, and were able to piecemeal a bunch of parts together, you might be able to do it, but in NO way would it be easy. Just finding the right length center drive shafts would be tough. Much less diff housings that would work. I started with a Duratrax Evader, and wanted to make it 4wd too, but it's chassis and front end made that idea impossible. I eventually found a good deal on a 4wd truggy roller (mostly assembled, minus electronics) for less than $200. Slapped my electronics in it and never looked back!
Old 10-30-2015, 11:51 AM
shootingcharlie8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, thanks! 2WD is pretty good for what i need to do right now.